Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-native-api-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 01:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Basic Socket Interface Extensions for Host Identity Protocol (HIP)
	Author(s)       : M. Komu, T. Henderson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-native-api-06.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-05-22

This document defines extensions to the current sockets API for Host
Identity Protocol (HIP).  The extensions focus on the use of public-
key based identifiers discovered via DNS resolution, but define also
interfaces for manual bindings between HITs and locators.  With the
extensions, the application can also support more relaxed security
models where the communication can be non-HIP based, according to
local policies.  The extensions in document are experimental and
provide basic tools for futher experimentation with policies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-native-api-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:05:25 +0300

[email-masked] wrote:

Hi,

the diff the the old version:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?difftype=--hwdiff&url2=draft-ietf-hip-native-api-06.txt

The new version includes mainly changes to the boilerplate and updated 
references. We added a compatibility statement with RFC5014 to section 
4.2 based on feedback from Joakim Koskela (based on his SIP-over-HIP 
experiments):

    The system may have a HIP-aware interposing DNS agent as described in
    section 3.2 in [RFC5014].  In such a case, the DNS agent returns
    transparently LSIs or HITs in sockaddr_in and sockaddr_in6 structures
    when available.  To disable this behaviour, the application sets
    AI_EXTFLAGS and AI_NO_ORCHID flags.

Comments are welcome.

Authors believe that this work has been iterated long enough to proceed 
towards IESG.

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec