Subject: [Hipsec] FW: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc4423-bis-01

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:57:09 -0500

Met my objective to at least get 4423-bis out in December.

This version has actual revised and new text.  It has all that **I** 
think is needed.

It DOES have HIH which is open to change if we come up with something 
better....

5201-bis is a LOT more work, and I hope to have it done before I go off 
to 802 meetings...

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc4423-bis-01

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc4423-bis-01.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc4423-bis
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Host Identity Protocol Architecture
Creation_date:	 2009-12-28
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 27

Abstract:
This memo describes a new namespace, the Host Identity namespace, and
a new protocol layer, the Host Identity Protocol, between the
internetworking and transport layers.  Herein are presented the
basics of the current namespaces, their strengths and weaknesses, and
how a new namespace will add completeness to them.  The roles of this
new namespace in the protocols are defined.

This document obsoletes RFC 4423 and addresses the concerns raised by
the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It also incorporates
lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on July 1, 2010.

Copyright Notice
Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

This document may contain material from IETF Documents or IETF
Contributions published or made publicly available before November
10, 2008.  The person(s) controlling the copyright in some of this
material may not have granted the IETF Trust the right to allow
modifications of such material outside the IETF Standards Process.
Without obtaining an adequate license from the person(s) controlling
the copyright in such materials, this document may not be modified
outside the IETF Standards Process, and derivative works of it may
not be created outside the IETF Standards Process, except to format
it for publication as an RFC or to translate it into languages other
than English.

The IETF Secretariat.