Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Architecture
	Author(s)       : R. Moskowitz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2011-02-25

This memo describes a new namespace, the Host Identity namespace, and
a new protocol layer, the Host Identity Protocol, between the
internetworking and transport layers.  Herein are presented the
basics of the current namespaces, their strengths and weaknesses, and
how a new namespace will add completeness to them.  The roles of this
new namespace in the protocols are defined.

This document obsoletes RFC 4423 and addresses the concerns raised by
the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It incorporates
lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201 and goes further
to explain how HIP works as a secure signalling channel.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:41:57 -0500

I tried to make the recommended changes.

Please review and comment.

On 02/25/2011 12:30 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: "Ahrenholz, Jeffrey M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:43:11 -0800

> Please review and comment.

The new version looks good and addresses the comments that I posted earlier. The 5201 and 5206/CBA references look good. Regarding the previous multicast work I guess we'll see if Miika has any suggested text.

-Jeff