Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An IPv6 Prefix for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash Identifiers (ORCHID)
	Author(s)       : J. Laganier, F. Dupont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document introduces Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash
Identifiers (ORCHID) as a new, experimental class of IPv6-address-
like identifiers.  These identifiers are intended to be used as
endpoint identifiers at applications and Application Programming
Interfaces (API) and not as identifiers for network location at the
IP layer, i.e., locators.  They are designed to appear as application
layer entities and at the existing IPv6 APIs, but they should not
appear in actual IPv6 headers.  To make them more like vanilla IPv6
addresses, they are expected to be routable at an overlay level.
Consequently, while they are considered non-routable addresses from
the IPv6 layer point-of-view, all existing IPv6 applications are
expected to be able to use them in a manner compatible with current
IPv6 addresses.

This document requests IANA to allocate a temporary prefix out of the
IPv6 addressing space for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash
Identifiers.  By default, the prefix will be returned to IANA in
2014, with continued use requiring IETF consensus.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.