Subject: [Hipsec] HIP on Android

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:53:36 -0500

I see a few messages over in HIPL-DEV on efforts along this line, but....

I have been told that there are a number of challenges for a 'tunneling 
app' on the Android, as you need root permissions to set up things like 
virtual interfaces and change default routes.  For example if you wanted 
to use TUN-TAP, it is supposedly NOT part of the kernel as shipped.

Do we have any Android development people here?

---

From: Javier Ubillos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 08:38:09 +0100

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 14:53 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

We have a port for name-based sockets for Android. Perhaps our
experiences can be of some help.

E-mail me and we'll see if what we have is of any value to you guys.

// Javier