Subject: [Hipsec] RFC 6253 on Host Identity Protocol Certificates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 09:35:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6253

        Title:      Host Identity Protocol Certificates 
        Author:     T. Heer, S. Varjonen
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24079
        Updates:    RFC5201

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-cert-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6253.txt

The Certificate (CERT) parameter is a container for digital
certificates.  It is used for carrying these certificates in Host
Identity Protocol (HIP) control packets.  This document specifies the
CERT parameter and the error signaling in case of a failed
verification.  Additionally, this document specifies the
representations of Host Identity Tags in X.509 version 3 (v3) and
Simple Public Key Infrastructure (SPKI) certificates.

The concrete use of certificates, including how certificates are
obtained, requested, and which actions are taken upon successful or
failed verification, is specific to the scenario in which the
certificates are used.  Hence, the definition of these scenario-
specific aspects is left to the documents that use the CERT
parameter.

This document updates RFC 5201.  This document defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC