Subject: [Hipsec] RFC 6317 on Basic Socket Interface Extensions for the Host Identity Protocol (HIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:05:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6317

        Title:      Basic Socket Interface Extensions for 
                    the Host Identity Protocol (HIP) 
        Author:     M. Komu, T. Henderson
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 43970
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-native-api-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6317.txt

This document defines extensions to the current sockets API for the
Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  The extensions focus on the use of
public-key-based identifiers discovered via DNS resolution, but
also define interfaces for manual bindings between Host Identity Tags
(HITs) and locators.  With the extensions, the application can also support
more relaxed security models where communication can be non-HIP-based,
according to local policies.  The extensions in this document are
experimental and provide basic tools for further experimentation with
policies.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC