Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 08:21:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2)
	Author(s)       : Robert Moskowitz
                          Tobias Heer
                          Petri Jokela
                          Thomas R. Henderson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 123
	Date            : 2011-07-09

   This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
   (HIP).  HIP allows consenting hosts to securely establish and
   maintain shared IP-layer state, allowing separation of the identifier
   and locator roles of IP addresses, thereby enabling continuity of
   communications across IP address changes.  HIP is based on a SIGMA-
   compliant Diffie-Hellman key exchange, using public key identifiers
   from a new Host Identity namespace for mutual peer authentication.
   The protocol is designed to be resistant to denial-of-service (DoS)
   and man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks.  When used together with
   another suitable security protocol, such as the Encapsulated Security
   Payload (ESP), it provides integrity protection and optional
   encryption for upper-layer protocols, such as TCP and UDP.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5201 and addresses the concerns raised by
   the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It also incorporates
   lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-06.txt

---

From: Tobias Heer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 17:23:51 +0200

Hi everyone, 

we just pushed a new version of RFC5201-bis. See the changelog below for details.

11.1.  Changes from draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-05

   o  Changed type number of DH_GROUP_LIST from 2151 to 511 because it
      was in the number space that is reserved for the HIP transport
      mode negotiations.

   o  Added transport form type list parameter.  Transport forms are now
      negotiated with this list instead of by their order in the HIP
      packet.  This allows to remove the exception of the transport
      format parameters that were ordered by their preference instead of
      by their type number.  This should remove complexity from
      implementations.

   o  Clarify that in HIP signature processing, the restored checksum
      and length fields have been rendered invalid by the previous
      steps.

   o  Clarify behavior for when UPDATE does not contain SEQ or ACQ
      (disallow this).

   o  For namespace changes, changed "IETF Review" to "IETF Review or
      IESG Approval".

   o  Addressed IESG comment about ignoring packet IP addresses.

   o  Permit using Anonymous HI control in packets other than R1/I2.

   o  Fixed minor reference error (RFC2418, RFC2410).

   o  Deleted comment that NULL-ENCRYPTION SHOULD NOT be configurable
      via the UI.

   o  Editorial changes.

BR,

Tobias

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: [email-masked]
> Datum: 9. Juli 2011 17:21:08 MESZ
> An: [email-masked]
> Kopie: [email-masked]
> Betreff: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-06.txt
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

-- 
Dipl.-Inform. Tobias Heer, Ph.D. Student
Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems - comsys
RWTH Aachen University, Germany
tel: +49 241 80 207 76
web: http://www.comsys.rwth-aachen.de/team/tobias-heer/
blog: http://dtobi.wordpress.com/
card: http://card.ly/dtobi
pgp id: AEECA5BF