Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:36:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2)
	Author(s)       : Robert Moskowitz
                          Tobias Heer
                          Petri Jokela
                          Thomas R. Henderson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-07.txt
	Pages           : 124
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
   (HIP).  HIP allows consenting hosts to securely establish and
   maintain shared IP-layer state, allowing separation of the identifier
   and locator roles of IP addresses, thereby enabling continuity of
   communications across IP address changes.  HIP is based on a SIGMA-
   compliant Diffie-Hellman key exchange, using public key identifiers
   from a new Host Identity namespace for mutual peer authentication.
   The protocol is designed to be resistant to denial-of-service (DoS)
   and man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks.  When used together with
   another suitable security protocol, such as the Encapsulated Security
   Payload (ESP), it provides integrity protection and optional
   encryption for upper-layer protocols, such as TCP and UDP.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5201 and addresses the concerns raised by
   the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It also incorporates
   lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-07.txt

---

From: Tobias Heer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:40:16 +0100

Hi,

as you may have noticed, we have submitted a new version of RFC5201-bis. The short changelog indicates: there are only few changes left.

Here is the changelog:

11.1.  Changes from draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-06

   o  Made echoing the R1_COUNTER in the I2 mandatory if the R1 contains
      an R1_COUNTER.  This required to make the R1 counter a critical
      parameter.  Hence, the parameter type number of the R1_COUNTER
      changed from 128 to 129.

   o  Made KDF dependent on DH Group to enable negotiation of the KDF.  

Right now the two main blockers are comments from the IESG on the choice of cryptographic algorithms for RSA (PSS) and randomized hashing. I hope we can get these resolved really soon so that we can proceed.

Best regards,

Tobias

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: [email-masked]
> Datum: 31. Oktober 2011 16:36:08 MEZ
> An: [email-masked]
> Kopie: [email-masked]
> Betreff: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-07.txt
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

-- 
Dipl.-Inform. Tobias Heer, Ph.D. Student
Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems - comsys
RWTH Aachen University, Germany
tel: +49 241 80 207 76
web: http://www.comsys.rwth-aachen.de/team/tobias-heer/
blog: http://dtobi.wordpress.com/
card: http://card.ly/dtobi
pgp id: AEECA5BF