Subject: [Hipsec] FW: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-00.txt

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:06:20 -0400

I have renamed the HIP DEX draft as HIPRG is closed.  This is for now an 
individual submission.

For HIP DEX coders, there is one important change:  The ENCRYPT_KEY 
parameter now uses AES-CTR as a couple of Andrei's students correctly 
pointed out to me.

I moved some lines around in the CKDF section so it should be clearer.

More on this later.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:58 PM
To: Moskowitz, Robert
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-moskowitz-hip-dex
Revision:	 00
Title:		 HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
Creation date:	 2012-08-14
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 39
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-00

Abstract:
    This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
    Diet EXchange (HIP DEX).  HIP DEX is a variant of the HIP Base
    EXchange (HIP BEX) [rfc5201-bis] specifically designed to use as few
    crypto primitives as possible yet still deliver the same class of
    security features as HIP BEX.

    The design goal of HIP DEX is to be usable by sensor devices that are
    memory and processor constrained.  Like HIP BEX it is expected to be
    used together with another suitable security protocol, such as the
    Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP).  HIP DEX can also be used
    directly as a keying mechanism for a MAC layer security protocol as
    is supported by IEEE 802.15.4 [IEEE.802-15-4.2011].

The IETF Secretariat