Subject: [Hipsec] Status update on the four core drafts: 4423bis, 4843bis, 5201bis, and 5202bis

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:24:19 +0200

Folks,

here you have a status update on the four core drafts. Note that at this
point only one of them is ready for publication request. Authors and
editors, please put some energy into this so that we can send them to
our AD shortly.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis/

This draft needs to be revised. The last version expired in April:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-05.txt

We agreed that this draft will be Informational (the current version
still says PS).

Given the slow progress of this draft, we will not be blocking the other
three drafts on this one. Nevertheless, we need to make some progress
with this one as well.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis/

This draft, which expires in a week, needs to be revised to fix a few
nits. I am hoping that a new revision of this draft will be ready for
publication request.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis/

This revision seems to be ready for publication request. We will request
the publication of the three drafts (4843bis, 5201bis, and 5202bis)
together, though.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis/

We need to add CMAC and GMAC to 5202-bis to provide a modern null
cipher. We are waiting for text from Bob.

Also, I still have not received a confirmation from all authors that
they do not know any additional IPR on the draft. I hope to get it shortly.

Cheers,

Gonzalo