Subject: [Hipsec] Document Action: 'Host Identity Protocol-Based Overlay Networking Environment (HIP BONE) Instance Specification for REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD)' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-hip-reload-instance-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:52:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Host Identity Protocol-Based Overlay Networking Environment (HIP BONE)
   Instance Specification for REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD)'
  (draft-ietf-hip-reload-instance-10.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-reload-instance/

Technical Summary:

This document is the Host Identity Protocol-Based Overlay Networking
Environment (HIP BONE) instance specification for the REsource
LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) protocol.  The document provides the
details needed to build a RELOAD-based overlay that uses HIP.

Working Group Summary:

There is WG consensus behind this draft. The WG actively worked on
this draft at the same time as RELOAD was being developed (this draft
was also discussed in the P2PSIP WG, where RELOAD was developed, so
that RELOAD had enough hooks to be able to run with HIP). This draft
was put on hold when the RELOAD specification got stuck (for a long
time) during its IESG review. Now that RELOAD has been published, this
spec can be published as well (RELOAD is, obviously, an essential
dependency for this draft).

Document Quality:

There is at least one implementation of this draft. The delay in the
publication of RELOAD has a negative impact in the number of people
implementing RELOAD-related specs. Nevertheless, now that RELOAD has
been published, the interest seems to be growing again.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director?

Miika Komu is the document shepherd.
Ted Lemon is the responsible AD.