Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc5205-bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:38:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Domain Name System (DNS) Extension
	Author(s)       : Julien Laganier
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc5205-bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-12-10

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new resource record (RR) for the Domain
   Name System (DNS), and how to use it with the Host Identity Protocol
   (HIP).  This RR allows a HIP node to store in the DNS its Host
   Identity (HI, the public component of the node public-private key
   pair), Host Identity Tag (HIT, a truncated hash of its public key),
   and the Domain Names of its rendezvous servers (RVSs).  This document
   obsoletes RFC5205.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5205-bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5205-bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-rfc5205-bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 18:25:09 +0200

Hi,

we discussed with Julien that we should update DNS extensions at least 
for ECC. Should we also include also OGA bits in DNS?

What else?

On 12/11/2013 06:38 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 16:51:08 -0800

OGA bits are included in the HIT that is itself part of the DNS HIP RR
so I don't think they need to be captured.

--julien

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Miika Komu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we discussed with Julien that we should update DNS extensions at least for
> ECC. Should we also include also OGA bits in DNS?
>
> What else?
>
>