Subject: [Hipsec] iEEE 802.15.9 document review

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:47:15 -0400

I need review of the HIP portion of the 802.15.9 document.  Since this 
is a 'private' p802 document I cannot make it publicly available.  As 
the 802.15.9 chair I can designate outside reviewers; like a couple, not 
a couple hundred.

Plus the HIP content needs work.

Best helper is someone(s) that understand the security component of 
802.15.4.

thanks for the help.

---

From: Tim Shepard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:52:06 -0400

> the 802.15.9 chair I can designate outside reviewers; like a couple, not 

Why does the document need to remain private?

			-Tim Shepard
			 [email-masked]

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 17:28:07 -0400

> Why does the document need to remain private?

Once you prepare an officially formatted IEEE standards document, it is 
restricted to distribution.  I don't claim to know all the details, but 
if you want a group's working documents, you pretty much have to show up 
at a meeting.  If you can find out about the meeting!

IEEE 802.1 is something of a different bird and has managed to work 
around the rules in terms of making draft standards available.  Part of 
this is their liason relationship in many areas of the IETF.  I can't so 
easily claim that for 802.15.9 as it is about KMP TRANSPORT.  Not KMP 
construction.  But there are sections about how various KMPs interact 
with various 15.9 (and 15.4) stuff.  I am working on getting a larger 
review, but have not gotten approval. Yet.  But I can have a few others 
join the party....