Subject: [Hipsec] FYI: ORCHIDv2 prefix is 2001:20::/28

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:04:09 -0700

Pls. see:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/iana-ipv6-special-registry

--julien

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:18:10 -0400

> http://www.iana.org/assignments/iana-ipv6-special-registry

I am assuming a different prefix will help interop between HIP and HIPv2.

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:24:18 -0700

> I am assuming a different prefix will help interop between HIP and HIPv2.

We had discussed and concluded on the list that the prefix for
ORCHIDv2 had to be different from ORCHIDv1 to allow implementation to
differentiate between the two and thus perform adequate calculation.

That being said, at this point the prefix for ORCHIDv1 is deprecated -
at least from the IANA registry point of view - so eventually we
shouldn't see both on the wire anymore.

--julien