Subject: [Hipsec] Verizon employment ending Jan 5 2015

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:25:47 -0500

I have been silent the past month for a sad, work, reason.

On Oct 24, Verizon did a major product realignment and the group I am in 
was tagged for termination the end of the year.  We were told that there 
would be openings in other groups.

I have spent the past 6 weeks putting together resumes, CVs, and 
presentations.  I found out yesterday that internal hirings are limited 
to only the 15 'new' development centers.  None are in Michigan. No 
telecommuting will be accepted.  So I perhaps misspent much of the past 
6 weeks, other than getting a current resume together.

I AM getting a nice severance; my employment goes back 17 years to when 
I started with ICSA in '98.

But I am still now looking for a job, looking to start a consulting 
business, looking to form a start-up, retiring.

TBD.

I will be a little busy still this month wrapping up some loose ends, 
including the IEEE 802.15.9 balloting and HIP-DEX ID.  I REALLY need to 
create an ID for my SSE, as then Verizon will issue an LOA on it; thus 
really need to get that out this month.

I don't know yet about March meeting; too far out to plan.  I will 
probably be going anyway to IEEE 802 wireless next month.