Subject: [Hipsec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04.txt

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 08:21:10 +0200

I invite you all to review hip-dex-04.  Rene has worked very hard 
getting the last edit changes done.

Zigbee has hip-dex in their profile for mesh security, plus it is 
reference in 802.15.9 which is entering Sponsor Balloting.

So I hope Rene and I have done a good job here, but we do need the 
review.  I will be working with the ADs on steps to get this through the 
process.

See you all soon at the IETF (sitting in Schipol; missed my connection)  
Arriving in Prague around 5:30 today.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04.txt
Date: 	Sun, 19 Jul 2015 23:15:57 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Rene Hummen <[email-masked]>, Rene Hummen 
<[email-masked]>, Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>, 
Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Rene Hummen and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-moskowitz-hip-dex
Revision:	04
Title:		HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
Document date:	2015-07-20
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		46
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04

Abstract:
    This document specifies the Host Identity Protocol Diet EXchange (HIP
    DEX), a variant of the Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2).  The
    HIP DEX protocol design aims at reducing the overhead of the employed
    cryptographic primitives by omitting public-key signatures and hash
    functions.  In doing so, the main goal is to still deliver similar
    security properties to HIPv2.

    The HIP DEX protocol is primarily designed for computation or memory-
    constrained sensor/actuator devices.  Like HIPv2, it is expected to
    be used together with a suitable security protocol such as the
    Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP) for the protection of upper layer
    protocol data.  In addition, HIP DEX can also be used as a keying
    mechanism for security primitives at the MAC layer, e.g., for IEEE
    802.15.4 networks.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat