Subject: [Hipsec] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7401 (4408)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 19:44:40 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7401,
"Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7401&eid=4408

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Tom Henderson <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.4.4

Original Text
-------------
     .   +---------+  recv I2, send R2                       |         |
   +---->| I1-SENT |--------------------------------------+  |         |
   |     +---------+            +----------------------+  |  |         |
   |          | recv R2,        | recv I2, send R2     |  |  |         |
   |          v send I2         |                      v  v  v         |
   |       +---------+          |                    +---------+       |
   |  +--->| I2-SENT |----------+     +--------------| R2-SENT |<---+  |
   |  |    +---------+                |              +---------+    |  |

Corrected Text
--------------
     .   +---------+  recv I2, send R2                       |         |
   +---->| I1-SENT |--------------------------------------+  |         |
   |     +---------+            +----------------------+  |  |         |
   |          | recv R1,        | recv I2, send R2     |  |  |         |
   |          v send I2         |                      v  v  v         |
   |       +---------+          |                    +---------+       |
   |  +--->| I2-SENT |----------+     +--------------| R2-SENT |<---+  |
   |  |    +---------+                |              +---------+    |  |

Notes
-----
This state machine figure is informative.  Normative (correct) specification for the I1-SENT to I2-SENT state transition (due to recv R1 event) is in Section 6.8.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7401 (draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-20)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2)
Publication Date    : April 2015
Author(s)           : R. Moskowitz, Ed., T. Heer, P. Jokela, T. Henderson
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Host Identity Protocol
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG