Subject: [Hipsec] Status of HIP DEX

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 08:59:51 -0500

Although draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-04 expired yesterday, I have been 
active with it as follows:

IEEE 802.15.9 references both HIP BEX and DEX.  This Recommended 
Standard will be starting IEEE Sponsor Ballot recirculation #2 Jan 21 on 
a 10 day voting cycle.  We anticipate our one NO voter to switch to YES 
(as he contributed to the editorial changes and said they satisfied his 
concerns) and no new NO votes.  That is it is done balloting.  It is 
tightly timed, but this will get it on RevCom Feb 2 to be approved for 
publication.  But,,,

No Internet Drafts in an IEEE document.  So HIP DEX would hold up the 
publication.

For those not familiar with DEX, it is a reduction on BEXv2 and the text 
is closely aligned, thanks to Rene's editing.

I plan on reving DEX-04 as DEX-05 as soon as possible.  Like this week 
still.  The question is where does this go to be moved forward.  ISE 
submission is not good, as then it could only be Informational or 
Experimental.  So either this workgroup does a last call and moves it 
forward, or I go the AD submission route.  I have been discussing this 
with Stephen Farrell as Security AD, and regardless, he would be 
reviewing it.  The question is what route to IESG.  This wg, this wg AD, 
or security AD?

Please help me out here.

HIP DEX is also referenced in:

draft-ohba-6lo-mle-hip-dex-01.txt

as used by Zigbee and a further reduction of DEX (because even it was 
too many bytes over the air) is in a product I cannot name.

I look forward to your assistance.

On a personal note:

I am being funded by Huawei to work on DOTS/I2NSF/MILE/SACM.  Look for a 
number of IDs coming from me (or my joining others) in those areas.  
Look for HIP being referenced in a place or two.  Along with SSE.  I 
plan on attending the next IETF, but will not be arriving until Mon 
noon.  My youngest son is engaged and the wedding is the week prior and 
thus I cannot split for IETF until Sunday.

I am working on another contract that I soon hope to share with you here.

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:18:16 -0500

I just posted ver 05.  I only reved the dates.  I am seriously 
considering adding Curve25519 as it 'works' much better in constrained 
systems than p256.  But I would need a published reference for it.

On 01/20/2016 08:59 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Standard will be starting IEEE Sponsor Ballot recirculation #2 Jan 21 
> on a 10 day voting cycle.  We anticipate our one NO voter to switch to 
> YES (as he contributed to the editorial changes and said they 
> satisfied his concerns) and no new NO votes.  That is it is done 
> balloting.  It is tightly timed, but this will get it on RevCom Feb 2 
> to be approved for publication.  But,,,
>
> For those not familiar with DEX, it is a reduction on BEXv2 and the 
> text is closely aligned, thanks to Rene's editing.
>
> reviewing it.  The question is what route to IESG.  This wg, this wg 
> AD, or security AD?
>
> Please help me out here.
>
> I am being funded by Huawei to work on DOTS/I2NSF/MILE/SACM.  Look for 
> a number of IDs coming from me (or my joining others) in those areas.  
> noon.  My youngest son is engaged and the wedding is the week prior 
> and thus I cannot split for IETF until Sunday.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>