Subject: [Hipsec] New WG item: HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 13:37:21 +0200

Folks,

I have talked with our AD and he is OK with adding the following
milestone to our charter:

o Develop a standards track specification of a light-weight HIP exchange

The plan would be to take the following draft as the WG item associated
with the milestone:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex/

Please, let us know if you have comments (positive or negative) on this.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:26:46 -0500

I will add that the only work item I have is adding Curve25519 as this 
is now available.  I have worked with one vendor of an 8bit sensor with 
30K memory.  The ECDH with Curve25519 takes ~9sec.  They accept that 
cost as part of the join operation.  It gives us a lower limit on the 
use of HIP DEX that HIP BEX cannot reach.

But please review the draft.  Rene worked hard at aligning it with 7401.

On 02/15/2016 06:37 AM, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:41:52 +0200

Hi,

> Please, let us know if you have comments (positive or negative) on this.

seems fine to me. I can review the draft when I have some free cycles.

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 09:58:52 +0200

Authors of draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex,

could you please revise the draft as a WG item? Please, use the
following file name in your submission:

  draft-ietf-hip-dex-00

Thanks,

Gonzalo