Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:19:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : Native NAT Traversal Mode for the Host Identity Protocol
        Authors         : Ari Keranen
                          Jan Melén
                          Miika Komu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-11.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2016-06-15

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new Network Address Translator (NAT)
   traversal mode for the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  The new mode is
   based on the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) methodology
   and UDP encapsulation of data and signaling traffic.  The main
   difference from the previously specified modes is the use of HIP
   messages for all NAT traversal procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:14:09 +0300

Hi,

this draft is a major change to the previous version. The high-level 
changes are as follows:

* We got feedback that the earlier version was difficult to read because 
it was a delta to RFC5770. So now many of the things specified in 
RFC5770 are repeated in the document.

* The connectivity checks as specified in the earlier version had some 
problems (SEQ numbers in UPDATE packets are mandatory, address candidate 
activation by sending ESP). So I reworked this, and came up with an 
improved version that is completely based on standard HIP UPDATE packet 
exchanges.

* Mobility handoff procedure is now specified.

* Lots of editorial work throughout the document.

The text is still a bit rough from edges and I should take a look at all 
the comments from the mailing list if the issues are resolved, but 
feedback is always welcome!

On 06/15/2016 08:19 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>