Subject: [Hipsec] Alexey Melnikov's Discuss on draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis-07: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 11:31:32 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis-07: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The IANA considerations section does not seem to stand alone without
reading RFC 5204. As you are obsoleting RFC 5204, readers shouldn't be
expected to read it in order to discover original IANA instructions.
I think you should copy information from RFC 5204.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In Section 6:

   This section is to be interpreted according to the Guidelines for
   Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs [RFC5226].

This sentence is not needed, because RFC 5204 didn't define any
registries, so none of the text from RFC 5226 applies. I suggest you
delete this sentence.

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 07:17:49 -0700

Hi Alexey,

The IANA Considerations used to be a copy of RFC 5204 but someone
asked that it be cleaned up. I will copy it back in the next revision.

Thanks.

--julien