Subject: [Hipsec] Protocol Action: 'Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Registration Extension' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-hip-rfc5203-bis-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 07:35:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Registration Extension'
  (draft-ietf-hip-rfc5203-bis-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Suresh Krishnan and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5203-bis/

Technical Summary:

  This document specifies a registration mechanism for the Host
  Identity Protocol (HIP) that allows hosts to register with services,
  such as HIP rendezvous servers or middleboxes.  This document
  obsoletes RFC5203.

Working Group Summary:

  There was WG consensus behind this document.

Document Quality:

  As discussed in RFC 6538, there are several implementations of the
  Experimental HIP specs. At least HIP for Linux and OpenHIP will be
  updated to comply with the standards-track specs.

Personnel

  Gonzalo Camarillo is the document shepherd. Terry Manderson is the
  responsible area director.