Subject: [Hipsec] Protocol Action: 'Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Rendezvous Extension' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 07:37:45 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Rendezvous Extension'
  (draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Suresh Krishnan and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a rendezvous extension for the Host Identity
   Protocol (HIP).  The rendezvous extension extends HIP and the HIP
   registration extension for initiating communication between HIP nodes
   via HIP rendezvous servers.  Rendezvous servers improve reachability
   and operation when HIP nodes are multi-homed or mobile.  This
   document obsoletes RFC5204.

Workgroup Summary

 There was WG consensus behind this document.

Document Quality:

  As discussed in RFC 6538, there are several implementations of the
  Experimental HIP specs. At least HIP for Linux and OpenHIP will be
  updated to comply with the standards-track specs.

Personnel

  Gonzalo Camarillo is the document shepherd. Terry Manderson is the
  responsible area director.