Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-23.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 13:00:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Native NAT Traversal Mode for the Host Identity Protocol
        Authors         : Ari Keranen
                          Jan Melén
                          Miika Komu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-23.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2017-11-12

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new Network Address Translator (NAT)
   traversal mode for the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  The new mode is
   based on the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) methodology
   and UDP encapsulation of data and signaling traffic.  The main
   difference from the previously specified modes is the use of HIP
   messages for all NAT traversal procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-23
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-23

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-23

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 23:24:39 +0200

FYI,

the major changes in this version are:

4.12.3. Handling Conflicting SPI Values
* a new way to handle conflicting SPIs by utilizing multiple relayed 
candidates
* this changed affected also sections 4.1, 4.2, 4.12.1, 5.13.

4.9.  Mobility Handover Procedure:
* the exchange of locators must be three way in order to avoid replay 
attacks
* clarified double jump

Minor changes:

4.7.1.  Minimal NAT Traversal Support:
* clarified how mobility is supposed to work in this case

4.10. NAT Keepalives:
* the Data Relay Client and Data Relay Server MUST employ only HIP 
NOTIFY packets in order to keep the server reflexive candidates alive

5.10. Notify Packet Types:
* A new error value: SERVER_REFLEXIVE_CANDIDATE_ALLOCATION_FAILED

5.13.  PEER_PERMISSION Parameter
* Additional port and address added because multiple server reflexive 
candidates can be leased

6.2. Opportunistic Mode
* Clarified that anycast and multicast are out of scope

7.  IANA Considerations
* Error values are listed also here

Appendix D.  Multihoming Considerations:
* new section on future compatibility with possible multihoming extensions

* Some minor clarifications here and there

On 11/12/2017 11:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>