Subject: [Hipsec] hotRFC and side meeting - Trustworthy Multipurpose RemoteID

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 17:35:29 -0400

Hello all,

I thank all that have been working away on the last few items while I 
have been struggling along.

Recently, I met Stuart Card and Adam Wiethuechter of Axenterprize. They 
have in a number of gov projects where they have deployed HIP based 
solutions.  All quietly on their own.

They have recently reached out to me to assist them on the work to 
provide Trustworthy RemoteID for Unmanned aircraft using HITs and HIP 
where appropriate.

I have scheduled a hotRFC 4 minute talk Sunday evening where Stu and I 
will present the challenge and value of HIP and HITs for UAS RemoteID.  
Then we will have a side meeting Monday during PM3 slot to go further 
into what we envision for this project.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/105/materials/agenda-105-hotrfc-00
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/105sidemeetings

Such items as:

Hierarchical HITs
Hierarchical HIT registrars and a HIT registry process
HIT-based information retrieval (like GPS and UAS owner)

I have drafts already describing some of this

HIP as an OAUTH method

And a few other pieces.

Stu and I may be posting more here prior to IETF.

Take care

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 10:24:42 -0400

There is now a mailing list:

[email-masked]

that will be used for this project.  There will be both RID and HIP 
drafts generated there.  Consider joining.

The initial timeframe will be fast, as the FAA has stated that they will 
be publishing initial rule making in September and we need to get enough 
information before the parties (FAA and ATSM) like real soon.  But there 
will be time after that if TM-RID is accepted to finish the work properly.

On 7/3/19 5:35 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Recently, I met Stuart Card and Adam Wiethuechter of Axenterprize. 
> They have in a number of gov projects where they have deployed HIP 
> based solutions.  All quietly on their own.
>
> will present the challenge and value of HIP and HITs for UAS 
> RemoteID.  Then we will have a side meeting Monday during PM3 slot to 
> go further into what we envision for this project.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec