Subject: IPP> Document and Working Group Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:11:49 -0700

All:

This working group has four Internet-Drafts [1] that have been in the 
"IESG
Evaluation :: Revised ID Needed" state for units measured in years.  What
this tells me is that the working group has been unresponsive to IESG 
review
comments.  I have asked the WG chair and at least one editor to review the
IESG comments and update the document as needed, but the response I 
received
was lukewarm.

Years is too long.  Something has got to change.  It's either time to 
update
the documents, finish them up, and close the working group, or to drop 
them
entirely and close the working group.

To that end: I want to see a reply to this note from the WG chair, posted 
to
this working group mailing list by 0000 UTC Friday 2 July 2004 (a little
more than two weeks from now), describing what the working group intends 
to
do with each of the four documents.  If no such plan is provided, the
working group will be closed due to inactivity and the documents will be
dropped.

If a plan is provided it must include either a request to drop the 
document
or a date by which time the document will be updated and sent to the I-D
administrator for publication.  You may wish to consider finding new
document editors if the legacy editors are unable to update the documents.
I am willing to work with you on timeframes if the group shows a 
willingness
to move forward with the needed document updates.

IESG review comments can be found in the I-D tracker:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

Discussion of possible ways forward is appropriate...

-Scott-
IESG Applications Area Advisor for IPP

[1]
draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-11.txt
draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03.txt
draft-ietf-ipp-not-06.txt
draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-09.txt

---

From: Robert Herriot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:49:46 -0700

Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed the changes requested by the viewer and asked 
for a couple of minor tweaks, which I have now added.  He asked that I 
submit the revised documents to the I-D admin. I have done so. They should 
be posted on the IETF web site in a few days.

I have also uploaded the following documents to the PWG web site at 
pwg/ipp/new_NOT:

Update of: draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-11.txt
      draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-12.txt
      ipp-not-spec-040621.doc
      ipp-not-spec-040621.pdf

Update of: draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-09.txt
      draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-10.txt
      ipp-notify-get-040621.doc
      ipp-notify-get-040621.pdf

Update of: draft-ietf-ipp-not-06.txt
     draft-ietf-ipp-not-07.txt
     ipp-notification-requirements-040621.doc
     ipp-notification-requirements-040621.pdf

Hopefully, we are nearing the publication of these three documents and 
completion the IPP notification extension.

Bob Herriot

At Friday 6/18/2004 10:11 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

>All:
>
>This working group has four Internet-Drafts [1] that have been in the "IESG
>this tells me is that the working group has been unresponsive to IESG review
>IESG comments and update the document as needed, but the response I received
>was lukewarm.
>
>Years is too long.  Something has got to change.  It's either time to update
>the documents, finish them up, and close the working group, or to drop them
>To that end: I want to see a reply to this note from the WG chair, posted to
>more than two weeks from now), describing what the working group intends to
>If a plan is provided it must include either a request to drop the document
>I am willing to work with you on timeframes if the group shows a willingness

---

From: Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:03:14 -0400

Robert Herriot wrote:
> Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed the changes requested by the viewer and 
> asked for a couple of minor tweaks, which I have now added.  He asked 
> that I submit the revised documents to the I-D admin. I have done so. 
> They should be posted on the IETF web site in a few days.

Right now I'm looking at diffs between the drafts to see what the
changes are, but the page headings are making this challenging.

Do you have a list of the changes and/or a PDF version that shows
them?

-- 
______________________________________________________________________
Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products           mike at easysw dot com
Printing Software for UNIX                       http://www.easysw.com

---

From: Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:13:39 -0400

> They should be posted on the IETF web site in a few days.

Typos (so far):

     In draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-12.txt, the first paragraph in section
     3.1 ends with two periods.

---

From: Robert Herriot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:21:56 -0700

I have uploaded .doc and .pdf files.

Each file is the diff of the current Word file that is the source for the 
latest IETF draft against the Word file that was the source of the 
preceding IETF draft.

ipp-notification-requirements-040621-rev.pdf
ipp-notify-get-040621-rev.pdf
ipp-not-spec-040621-rev.pdf

and similar for .doc files.

They are in the usual pwg/ipp/new_NOT directory.
.

Bob Herriot