Subject: IPP> RE: draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03

From: "Hastings, Tom N" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:35:47 -0700

Scott,

Thanks for helping us out on this document in the IETF.  I'm volunteering to
be the point of contact, since I was the last editor of the document.

Tom Hastings

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Hollenbeck [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 07:35
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; 'Carl Kugler'; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03

All:

I've been in touch with the Security Area Directors, Russ Housley and Steve
Bellovin.  Russ has identified and asked someone to help craft an
appropriate Security Considerations section.  I just need to know who his
point of contact should be.

Bob Herriot has volunteered to finish the writing in a private reply to me.
Harry Lewis has also replied to the WG mailing list.  Which of you would be
the appropriate editor at this point?

-Scott-

---

From: "Scott Hollenbeck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:50:41 -0400

Thanks.  Do you have a handle on what needs to be done to clear the IESG
review comments?  Here's the one that's blocking:

"The Security Considerations section should be more explicit about the
security required for administrative operations. The fact that these
operations may need to be protected, even in an environment where printing
related operations may not be."

A few months ago I made arrangements to get some help from a person (Kurt
Zeilenga, [email-masked]) who does some work in the security area, if
that would help.  Please contact him directly if needed.

This doesn't have to be very deep.  A few paragraphs will probably do the
trick.

-Scott-

> From: Hastings, Tom N [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 2:36 PM
> To: Scott Hollenbeck
> Cc: [email-masked]; 'Carl Kugler'; Hastings, Tom N; 
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]