Subject: IPP> Document and Working Group Status

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:54:12 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Hollenbeck, Scott [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 5:11 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: FW: Document and Working Group Status
Importance: High

Carl,

I sent the note below to the IPP mailing list yesterday.  It hasn't been
posted, and a request for info from the list owner has so far gone
unanswered.  If the list isn't working it needs to be fixed.

-Scott-

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Hollenbeck [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 12:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Document and Working Group Status
Importance: High

(I apologize if you receive this twice -- I sent an earlier copy from an
unsubscribed address, I think, so I'm not sure if it made it to the list.)

All:

This working group has four Internet-Drafts [1] that have been in the "IESG
Evaluation :: Revised ID Needed" state for units measured in years.  What
this tells me is that the working group has been unresponsive to IESG review
comments.  I have asked the WG chair and at least one editor to review the
IESG comments and update the document as needed, but the response I received
was lukewarm.

Years is too long.  Something has got to change.  It's either time to update
the documents, finish them up, and close the working group, or to drop them
entirely and close the working group.

To that end: I want to see a reply to this note from the WG chair, posted to
this working group mailing list by 0000 UTC Friday 2 July 2004 (a little
more than two weeks from now), describing what the working group intends to
do with each of the four documents.  If no such plan is provided, the
working group will be closed due to inactivity and the documents will be
dropped.

If a plan is provided it must include either a request to drop the document
or a date by which time the document will be updated and sent to the I-D
administrator for publication.  You may wish to consider finding new
document editors if the legacy editors are unable to update the documents.
I am willing to work with you on timeframes if the group shows a willingness
to move forward with the needed document updates.

IESG review comments can be found in the I-D tracker:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

Discussion of possible ways forward is appropriate...

-Scott-
IESG Applications Area Advisor for IPP

[1]
draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-11.txt
draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03.txt
draft-ietf-ipp-not-06.txt
draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-09.txt