Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> ACTION Request: suggestions for mandatory MFP counters in Counter MIB proposal

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:57:07 -0400

All,

The work on the "PWG Standard for Multifunction Device Counters" is nearing
completion.  Before a standard MIB is coded we are looking for the subset of
counters to mandate in all implementations of the Counter MIB or schema.
One of the goals of this work is to facilitate the development of fleet
management applications in a heterogeneous imaging environment.  I need
input from you to arrive at a manageable subset of counters that meets the
needs of fleet management applications and is not to onerous for MFP vendors
to implement.  Please send me your input by close of business Friday October
29.  Send your comments to <mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > or
you can mail them to me d irectly <mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >  .

The current version of the specification is available on the PWG ftp server
at  
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20040913.pdf
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20040913.pdf> >  or
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20040913.doc
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20040913.doc> > 
   
Thanks,
Pete
				Peter Zehler 
				XEROX 
				Xerox Innovation Group 
				Email: [email-masked] 
				Voice:    (585) 265-8755 
				FAX:      (585) 422-7961 
				US Mail: Peter Zehler
				              Xerox Corp. 
				              800 Phillips Rd. 
				              M/S 128-25E 
				              Webster NY, 14580-9701