Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Formal Vote announcement for the Print Service Interface Version V1.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:13:40 -0500

Greetings:

The Print Service Interface Version 1.0 definition from the PSI WG of the
Printer Working Group has completed its Last Call process.

The Working Draft document and a normative events schema file are being
submitted by the PSI Working Group chair for a Formal Approval vote by 
the PWG membership.

The Working Draft being submitted can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ps/wd/wd-psi10-20050112.pdf

The Associated Normative Schema for Print System Events
are located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ps/schemas/events-20050112.xsd

The list of comments that were addressed as part of the Last Call
are located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ps/PSI_Last_Call_Comments_Addressed.txt

There are four INFORMATIVE WSDL files that are referenced in the PSI
working draft that have been updated to match the Last Call version
of the working draft text.  These are located at:

http://www.pwg.org/schemas/ps/20050112/JobControlInterface.wsdl
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/ps/20050112/QueryEndPointsInterface.wsdl
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/ps/20050112/ServiceCapabilitiesInterface.wsdl
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/ps/20050112/TargetDeviceSupportInterface.wsdl

Reminder that these WSDL files are NOT part of the PWG Formal Vote.

The voting period will open on Wednesday February 2, 2005 and close at 
10PM
(Pacific Time) on Friday February 25, 2005.

Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain.

Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote 
and a description of the changes required to turn the No vote to a Yes.

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to 
submit a vote.

To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line 
format:

"PSI 1.0 Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of voter>-<yes/no/abstain>"

Example:  PSI 1.0 Formal Vote-Lexmark-thrasher-yes

No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email.

Please send your vote to the following email addresses: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @):

thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com
alan-c"dot"berkema"at"hp"dot"com
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com

Note:
The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 2.0 
located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process20.pdf

has now been adopted and contains new voting requirements.

Contact Info. for the Primary and Alternate representatives from PWG 
member companies will be provided to the PSI working group chair in case
"reminder" notices are necessary to meet the voting requirements listed
in the process document.

Jerry Thrasher

PWG Secretary