Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Call for Nominations - PWG Officers

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 22:48:29 -0700

The Printer Working Group (a Program of the IEEE-ISTO) is an active 
organization with a legacy of addressing pertinent standards in the print 
and imaging industry such as the Printer/Finisher MIBs and Internet 
Printing Protocol (Chartered via IETF), XHTML/CSS Profile (later forwarded 
to W3C for completion), Character Repertories to aid lightweight clients, 
and web services interfaces for Printing and Management Services (current 
projects). The PWG develops and maintains a common Semantic Model which 
has been successfully leveraged across separate, harmonious standards 
organizations like UPnP and Bluetooth at the low end and CIP4/JDF at the 
high end. 

Work within the PWG is ongoing both in terms of maintenance, revision (ala 
Printer MIBv2 RFC3805), cross industry partnering (PWG and DMTF will 
partner for semantic alignment in 2005) and addressing new areas of 
standardization as necessary (ex. Web-based Imaging Management Services 
for fleet management of printers and MFDs). 

The PWG is very lightweight in terms of fee structure ($1500.00 annual per 
company) and relies heavily on volunteers from the industry. In 
particular, the PWG Process requires that we maintain leadership in the 
form of Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary. These officers are 
nominated and elected to a 2 year term. Terms revolve in September. 

This September the following terms are revolving

Chairman - Harry Lewis (IBM) - 2nd 2 year term expires
Vice Chairman - Lee Farrell (Canon) - 2nd 2 year term expires
Secretary - Jerry Thrasher (Lexmark) - 1st 2 year term expires

AT THIS TIME THE PWG WOULD LIKE TO SOLICIT NOMINATIONS TO FILL THESE THREE 
OFFICER POSITIONS FOR THE 2 YEAR TERM BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 2005! Any 
individual member or anyone from a member company is eligible to be 
nominated. The main characteristic a nominee should possess is a strong 
interest in the health and viability of the standards process within the 
print and imaging industry.

Please submit your nominations to the officers and the PWG using the CC 
list from this message. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO [email-masked] (this 
address is for broad PWG announcements, only). If you would like to 
initiate open discussion regarding a nominee, please do so using 
[email-masked]. 

Thank you for your support of the PWG, your thoughtful consideration 
regarding nominations and your potential contributions related to the next 
Leadership cycle. 
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM STSM
Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems 
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337
----------------------------------------------