Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> WSDL 2.0 new working drafts (10 May 2005)

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:42:28 -0700

Hi,

The W3C Web Services Description Working Group has published new WSDL/2.0
drafts:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-wsdl20-primer-20050510
- WSDL/2.0 Part0: Primer - Informative - first public working draft

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-wsdl20-20050510
- WSDL/2.0 Part1: Core Language - Normative - main WSDL/2.0 spec

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-wsdl20-adjuncts-20050510
- WSDL/2.0 Part2: Adjuncts - Normative - predefined extensions

And the very interesting:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-wsdl20-soap11-binding-20050510
- WSDL/2.0 SOAP/1.1 Binding - Informative - for migration use

This last document says that it is intended to progress eventually
to a 'W3C Working Group Note'.  Quoting from the Introduction:

"This binding is intended to ease the migration from WSDL 1.1 to 
WSDL 2.0 for implementers describing services that use SOAP 1.1 
protocol.  And, this binding allows users to continue using SOAP 1.1 
protocol."

Although this SOAP/1.1 binding _cannot_ be normatively referenced 
(even in the final W3C WG Note form), it may be useful for PSI, WIMS,
and other projects.  Other printing standards organizations should
review these new WSDL/2.0 drafts and consider using _informative_
references to this SOAP/1.1 binding draft for migration purposes.

Cheers,
- Ira (co-editor of PSI/1.0 and WIMS/1.0)

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]