Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG-DMTF alliance for updating CIM/CORE for Printer management

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:01:18 -0600

For several weeks, we have been discussing with the DMTF the possibility 
of an alliance for the purpose of re-aligning Printer MIBv2 and portions 
of the PWG Semantic Model with the DMTF CIM/CORE model for device 
management. Recently, the DMTF Board of Directors have extended a formal 
invitation to the PWG to engage in this alliance. The work effort is 
outlined in this DMTF "work register". 
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/related/dmtf/PWG-DMTFWorkRegister.htm
The PWG Steering Committee intends to authorize a formal reply of 
acceptance to the DMTF following our PWG Steering Committee phone 
conference Thursday, May 12. A joint press release will follow. 
I invite you to express you to participate in this semantic alignment and 
modeling effort which will take place as part of the WIMS working group. 
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM STSM
Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems 
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337
----------------------------------------------