Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Chairman Nomination

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:37:31 -0600

I accept Gail's nomination and would
be honored to continue serving the PWG in the capacity of Chairman. At
the same time, I continue to encourage additional nominees for all officer
positions (Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary).  Our current 2 year
terms conclude in September which means we need to complete elections by
August 31, 2005. Elections will be conducted via e-mail vote among PWG
members. I suggest we establish Wednesday - Aug 10 - as the last day to
accept nominations, and that we formally initiate voting directly following
the SC meeting on August 11. This will give just inside of 3 weeks to complete
the voting process.

I will send a follow-up message listing
other nominees as soon as I have confirmation of their acceptance.

Nominations close - August 10

Voting - August 11 - August 31

New term begins September 1

----------------------------------------------

Harry Lewis

IBM STSM

Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group

http://www.pwg.org

IBM Printing Systems

http://www.ibm.com/printers

303-924-5337

----------------------------------------------

"Gail Giansiracusa"
<[email-masked]>

07/07/2005 02:30 PM

To

Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS, <[email-masked]>

cc

Subject

RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> URGENT - PWG Chairman
Nominations

I nominate Harry for another
term of Chair.  (Is it too late?)

-----Original Message-----

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Harry Lewis

Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 11:59 PM

To: [email-masked]

Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> URGENT - PWG Chairman Nominations

I labeled this reminder URGENT because we are just over a month away from
our July Plenary where we will review nominations and begin elections for
new PWG officers. The 2 year term for current officers will expire in September.
Three positions will be opening - Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary.
We welcome nominations for any of the 3 positions but, while we do have
several people willing to accept VC and Secretary roles, we are currently
lacking a nominee for Chairman.

The PWG is entering a very exciting and active phase which will require
an energetic leader with vision. This role will require commitment but
I am certain, in return, you will receive a great number of very rewarding
experiences.

Some of the more recent highlights for the PWG include:

1. Apple and Microsoft join the PWG who, together with IBM, represent
print and printer management components of 5 major OS platforms.

2. Linux is represented via scheduled, periodic joint meetings with the
Free Standards Group

3. Dell joined the PWG as a major supplier of printers and printing systems
who is interested in open standards

4. The PWG Common Semantic Model has been established and acknowledged
by a wide ranging variety of segment specific print standards organizations

5. Version 2 of Printer MIB has reached IETF Standards Track status (RFC
3805)

6. Discussions are being held with the DMTF regarding possible collaboration
to update the CIM printer model with PWG semantics

7. The PWG is expanding into broader areas of "imaging systems"
management

a. With the definition of a complete set of Counters for remote
management of Imaging Services (such as Production and Enterprise Print,
Scan, Copy, Fax)

b. With the definition of a web service method for implementing
inter-enterprise remote management for Output Management Services

c. With an initial BOF, in Japan, on networked projector management
standards which is leading to a new project definition and solicitation
of projector vendors

Some additional areas under consideration are

8. Efficiency study of standards activities in the print and imaging industry
including models, dictionaries, protocols (print, finishing, job ticket,
management, accounting) with recommendations for harmony

9. Possible alliance with high-end production print standards organizations
for Semantic Model alignment and expansion into areas such as mail piece
and remote finishing.

Many of you have demonstrated your support for open standards and the positive
effect they have had on the printer industry with your contributions in
working groups, on conference calls, e-mail discussions and face to face
meetings. This has allowed the PWG to provide our service to the industry
in an exemplary manner while maintaining our tradition as a low cost, low
overhead organization. The PWG is in need of a new Chairman to help keep
this tradition moving forward. Please indicate your support by sending
your nomination to [email-masked]
or you can send your nomination directly to me by simply replying to this
message.

PLEASE SEND YOUR NOMINATION BY FRIDAY, JULY 1. I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING
FROM YOU!

----------------------------------------------

Harry Lewis

IBM STSM

Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group

http://www.pwg.org

IBM Printing Systems

http://www.ibm.com/printers

303-924-5337

----------------------------------------------