Subject: IPP> IPP 'mailto' Specification and Ricoh Patent

From: "Bergman, Ron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:23:48 -0700

Due to the stated position of Ricoh Company, Ltd. (RCL) with respect to patent #6,889,263 and the IPP 'mailto' specification, all work on this document will end immediately.  The draft documents will remain in the IPP archives, but all references to IPP 'mailto' will be removed from the web site.  My sincere thanks to all who have contributed to this effort over the last 5 to 7 years.

See attached email for further details.

	Ron Bergman
	Ricoh Printing Systems America

 <<email.pdf>>

---

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:33:05 -0600

I am not sure it is necessary (or appropriate) to remove any materials 
from the PWG archives. In fact, I feel the work accomplished in the PWG 
should certainly be preserved. 
A separate topic is whether or not we should continue moving the current 
work forward to Candidate Standard at this time. If we do move to CS, we 
will need to make it very clear and visible that IPP MailTo will not 
likely become a PWG Standard while the patent right continues to be 
asserted according to the registered LOA. 
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM STSM
Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems 
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337
---------------------------------------------- 

"Bergman, Ron" <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
07/28/2005 05:23 PM

To
<[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
IPP> IPP 'mailto' Specification and Ricoh Patent

Due to the stated position of Ricoh Company, Ltd. (RCL) with respect to 
patent #6,889,263 and the IPP 'mailto' specification, all work on this 
document will end immediately.  The draft documents will remain in the IPP 
archives, but all references to IPP 'mailto' will be removed from the web 
site.  My sincere thanks to all who have contributed to this effort over 
the last 5 to 7 years.
See attached email for further details. 
        Ron Bergman 
        Ricoh Printing Systems America 
<<email.pdf>>