Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Status of Projector & Display BOF: we need more vendor participation.

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:03:33 -0600

Status of Projector & Display BOF Project in PWG/WIMS

						Rick Landau 2006/01/12

PERSONNEL

The following companies have expressed interest in a standardization
effort for management of projectors and displays:

Dell
Epson
NEC
Sony
Spinoza

I also have a tentative commitment from another company, a vendor of
large-format displays, which I will add to the list as soon as possible.

This is great, but we need more!  In particular, to expand the focus of
the group, we need more participation from companies that produce large
format LCD, LED, and lightboard displays.  If you know anyone, have any
friends in other divisions of your company or other companies that might
be interested, please contact them.  Or let me know and I'll contact
them on behalf of PWG.  

We need several more participants before we can reach critical mass for
a project like this.  We can't really make progress without more
momentum.  

TECHNICAL RESOURCES

Dell and Epson have agreed to edit the specification documents for MIBs
and other data models that this group might develop.  

Epson has contributed its current private MIB to the group as a starting
point.  

PROGRESS

No technical progress.  Still in recruiting mode.  The engine is
running, but it's just idling.  

rick
-------------------------
Richard_Landau(at)dell(dot)com, System Mgt Arch & Stds
+1-512-728-9023, One Dell Way, RR5-3 Box 8509, Round Rock, TX 78682