Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Reminder: Formal Vote for PWG WIMS V1.0 Abstract Protocol and schema ends April 21...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:02:25 -0400

Please remember to cast a vote by April 21, 10:00 PM Pacific Time.

Original vote announcement below.

Greetings:

The PWG Standard for Web-based Imaging Management Service V1.0 Abstract 
Protocol 
and nine associated XML schema files from the WIMS WG of the Printer 
Working Group 
have completed the Last Call process.

The Working Draft document and schema are being submitted by the WIMS 
Working Group chair for a Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership.

The Working Draft being submitted can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wims10-20060322.pdf

The schema files being submitted can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/wims-schemas-20060320.zip

The list of comments that were addressed as part of the Last Call
are located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/WIMS10-LastCallResolutionComments-20060322.pdf

INFORMATIVE WSDL files that implement the WIMS Abstract Protocol
can be downloaded at the following links:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/wims-wsdl-20060324.zip
    - ZIP of WIMS WSDL/2.0, WIMS WSDL/1.1, and release note

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/Agent-20060324.wsdl
    - WIMS Agent Interface WSDL/1.1 v0.20

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/Manager-20060324.wsdl
    - WIMS Manager Interface WSDL/1.1 v0.20

REMINDER THESE WSDL FILES ARE NOT PART OF THE FORMAL VOTE AND ARE 
PROVIDED FOR INFORMATION ONLY !!!

The voting period will open on Wednesday March 29, 2006 and close at 10PM
(Pacific Time) on Friday April 21, 2006.

Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain.

Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote 
and a description of the changes required to turn the No vote to a Yes.

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to 
submit a vote.

To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line 
format:

"WIMS Spec. 1.0 Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of 
voter>-<yes/no/abstain>"

Example:  WIMS Spec. 1.0 Formal Vote-Lexmark-thrasher-yes

No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email.

Please send your vote to the following email addresses: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @):

thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com
wamwagner"at"comcast"dot"net
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com

Note:
The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 2.0 
located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process20.pdf

has now been adopted and contains new voting requirements.

Contact Info. for the Primary and Alternate representatives from PWG 
member companies will be provided to the working group chair in case
"reminder" notices are necessary to meet the voting requirements listed
in the process document.

Jerry Thrasher

PWG Secretary