Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> IPP Printer State Reasons - New Project Approved

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:42:51 -0600

The PWG Steering Committee, today, approved a new project of the IPP 
Working Group for developing a PWG Candidate Standard for IPP Printer
State Reasons Extensions. The general goal will be to extend and complete 
the current mapping of printer device/subunit alerts in 'PrtAlertCodeTC' 
(RFC 3805) to values of the "printer-state-reasons" attribute defined in 
IPP/1.1 (RFC 2911). The project may also provide an opportunity to address 
any new state reasons which may be proposed.

See the project charter and problem statement at 
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/charter/ch-ippstate-20060601.htm

Please use [email-masked] to discuss the IPP Printer State Reasons Extensions 
and your interest in participating 
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM STSM
Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems 
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337
----------------------------------------------