Subject: IPP> PSX> August 31, 2006 teleconference minutes posted

From: "Whittle, Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:03:13 -0700

All:

Minutes from the PWG IPP Printer State Extensions Working Group
teleconference call have been posted.  See
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ipp_psx-060831.pdf
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ipp_psx-060831.pdf> .  

Highlights

*         Ron heard from T. Morita (Chair of BMLinkS from Ricoh Japan). A
BMLinkS Technical committee will review the alternatives previously posted
and issue a formal response.

*         Consensus seems to building around a hybrid solution. A
combination of Option 0 and Option 3 (see ftp links below). Implementing
option 0 only does not meeting the intent of the charter and does not
provide the management visibility needed into the subunit.

-
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/IPP%20PSX%20-%20Limited%20Design%20Alternat
ive%20for%20Device%20Alerts.txt

-
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/IPP%20Revised%20PSX%20Problem%20Statement%2
0and%20Design%20Alternatives.txt

Best regards, 

**CW