Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Call For Objections - PWG Counter spec fix

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:26:04 -0800

Hi folks,                                       Friday (12 January 2007)

For immediate review, per our discussion at yesterday's WIMS WG telecon.

Below are changes to the PWG Counter Spec (PWG 5106.1) to solve the
modelling error identified by Stuart Rowley (Kyocera).

MediaUsed.MediaInfo (a localized description which _changes_ when locale
changes) was erroneously used as an auxiliary key to disambiguate
MediaUsed.MediaSizeName for unique instances of MediaUsed.

ACTION - All PWG members

- Please comment ASAP on this proposal so that we can revise the PWG
  Counter Spec quickly and remove the 'red flag' from our website.

- Please send comments to [email-masked]' and _not_ to PWG Announce.

Cheers,
- Ira

PS - Corresponding changes to the companion PWG Counter MIB were already
proposed in my note of 8 November 2006.

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - FSG Open Printing Steering Committee
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Page 23, section 5.3 'Media Used Counters', first paragraph

  - third sentence - replace MediaUsed.MediaInfo with

    MediaUsed.MediaAccountingKey

  - fifth sentence - replace entirely with

    The values for MediaUsed.MediaAccountingKey could be
    "moid=1.3.18.0.4.3.1.50;mtyp=stationery" and
    "moid=1.3.18.0.4.3.1.50;mtyp=stationery-letterhead"
    respectively to correlate the associated MediaUsed counters with the
    specific media.

* Page 24, section 5.3.1 'Media Used Counters Table'

  - table - add new entry to end after MediaUsed.MediaName

    MediaUsed.MediaAccountingKey
        The locally unique accounting key for this specific media, for
        use when MediaUsed.MediaSizeName is not unique by itself.
                            (string)                0 to 255*

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.16.10/624 - Release Date: 1/12/2007
2:04 PM