Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Result of poll for the level of PWG support for completing a Multifunction Device model

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 12:08:32 -0400

All,

Thanks for the responses.  The results are:

16 companies responded to the poll.  (1 decision still pending)   I sent
additional mail notes to select companies to obtain their level of
interest.  That effort was focused on manufacturers of multifunction
devices.  The results indicate that there is sufficient interest in
continuing.  Interested parties should send me a mail note and register
to the SM (Semantic Model) mail list. (See
<http://www.pwg.org/mailhelp.html>)

Our company has no interest in supporting this effort 

(HP)

Our company feels this is a worthwhile effort but is unable to provide
any support

            (Bitstream)

Our company feels this is a worthwhile effort but would like to monitor
progress (i.e. attend some of the phone conferences, monitor mailing
list)

            (Canon, Epson, Fuji Xerox, Konica/Minolta, Kyocera, Shaw,
IBM* )

Our company feels this is a worthwhile effort and can participate (i.e.
attend phone conferences, review and comment on specification, take on
limited Action Items per your consent)

            (Brother, Sharp,  Okidata*)

Our company feels this is a worthwhile effort and can serve as an editor
of a Service specification

            (Lexmark, anonymous, Xerox)

Outstanding: Ricoh

* indicates possibility of operating at next highest level

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701