Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG announces formation of new MFD Working Group

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:06:03 -0600

I am pleased to announce that the PWG Steering Committee has demonstrated 
unanimous support to approve the charter to form a new MFD (MultiFunction 
Device) working group.  As described in the Charter (links below) the MFD 
working group is the forum in which the industry will model MFD services 
and their management. The results of these modeling efforts will later be 
assimilated into the overall PWG Semantic Model. The need has been 
demonstrated for an MFD Model and, now, the PWG is stepping up to serve 
the industry by developing a standard that will help drive consistency and 
interoperability across implementations and platforms. 

I invite all PWG members to participate by joining the 1 hour MFD 
conference call scheduled for Thursday May 17 at 11AM 

Dial-In
Tele-Con Number:1-866-365-4406
Pass Code: 2635888

I also encourage you to join the MFD mailing list by sending an e-mail to 
[email-masked] with a blank subject line containing the line:
subscribe mfd

Charter links:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/charter/ch-mfd-20070504.doc
  - MS Word source

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/charter/ch-mfd-20070504.pdf
  - PDF w/ line numbers

---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM STSM
Intellectual Property, Standards and Licensing
Chairman - ISTO Printer Working Group
303-924-5337
----------------------------------------------