Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Poll of the level of interest in a Private MIB repository hosted by PWG (RESPONSE REQUESTED!!)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:07:35 -0400

Greetings:

The PWG Steering Committee has had a request for the Printer Working Group
to host an SNMP MIB repository on the PWG web site to allow hardcopy 
device 
vendors to publish their private/enterprise MIBs for any/all products they
choose.

Before work on the mechanics and logistics of setting up a web/ftp site 
and
developing a process for the controlled publish and update of the MIBs, 
the 
PWG Steering Committee would like to guage the level of committment and 
interest, from hardcopy device vendors, in using such a MIB repository
to publish thier MIBs. 

Please respond to the PWG officers with your company's level of interest
(Yes,would publish MIB info. if a site was available, or NO,not 
interested) in having
a MIB repository available. 

Please send your responses to: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @):

thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com
lee"dot"farrell"at"cda"dot"canon"dot"com
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com

Jerry Thrasher
PWG Chair

---

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:25:35 -0400

All,

Xerox has an interest and has already posted to a MIB Repository.  I see
that quite a few other members of the PWG have also done so.  The site I
refer to is MibDepot
<http://www.mibdepot.com/cgi-bin/mibvendors.cgi?id=8415>.  Not only are
private MIBs from various vendors made available but also the standard
MIBs such as rfc3805
<http://www.mibdepot.com/cgi-bin/vendor_index.cgi?r=ietf_rfcs&id=8517>
(#178).  The site is well organized for browsing the various MIBs.  The
down side is that it requires a $10 contribution before downloads of the
zip/tar file containing a vendor's MIB can be done.  To me that seems a
reasonable cost given all the other functionality of the website.  If
that is perceived as a problem perhaps we can work something out with
MibDepot.  Take a look at the repository and think about how we would
make the MIBs available to interested parties.

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 2:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Poll of the level of interest in a Private MIB
repository hosted by PWG (RESPONSE REQUESTED!!)

Greetings: 

The PWG Steering Committee has had a request for the Printer Working
Group 
to host an SNMP MIB repository on the PWG web site to allow hardcopy
device 
vendors to publish their private/enterprise MIBs for any/all products
they 
choose. 

Jerry Thrasher 
PWG Chair