Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Poll of implementations of PWG 5107.1-2007 Port Monitor MIB (RESPONSE REQUESTED!!)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:24:39 -0400

Greetings:

The PWG Steering Committee is considering advancing PWG Candidate Standard
5107.1-2005 PWG Printer Port Monitor MIB from Candidate Standard to 
Standard.

One of the requirements that must be met before a Candidate Standard can 
be
advanced to Standard is that interoperability of the technology must be 
demonstrated.

Because implementation of the Port-Mon MIB is required for at least one OS 
vendor's logo certification program (for network hardcopy devices), it is 
likely that there may be enough implementations of the Port-Mon MIB to 
demonstrate interoperability of the technology.

Please respond to the PWG officers if your company is currently shipping
products that implement the Port-Mon MIB. 

Note: This is not a request for ANY information that you feel may be 
confidential 
relating to products you may have in development or that are currently 
shipping.
The compiled data will only include the number of companies that responded 
that
they have implemented, not specific company names. 

Please send your responses: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @):

thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com
lee"dot"farrell"at"cda"dot"canon"dot"com
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com

Jerry Thrasher
PWG Chair