Subject: [Pwg-Announce] Major changes to MFD schema

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:25:22 -0700

All,

Recent work in the MFD group has resulted in significant changes in the
PWG Semantic Model v2 from v1.  I wanted to be sure that any interested
parties (even mildly interested ones) are aware of the changes being
made.  The MFD teleconference announcement below has the links necessary
to allow you to see the structure and content of the v2 schema that is
being used to extend the PWG model to encompass MFDs.  The MFD working
group welcomes any comments on its mailing list.

Pete

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

From: Zehler, Peter 
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 12:16 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: MFD Teleconference 6/6 reminder, updated schema available

There will be an MFD conference call at 3:00 PM EDT (12:00 PM PDT)
Thursday August 6.  In preparation for this I have uploaded the latest
version of the PWG Semantic Model Schema.  I contains significant
changes based on group input and is better aligned with DMTF's CIM.  The
updated schema is available via the MFD web page
<http://www.pwg.org/mfd>  or the zip file directly at
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/schemas/PWG-SM2-Latest.zip>.   I have
also update the browsable version available directly at
<http://www.pwg.org/mfd/navigate/PwgSmRev181_System.html>.   

Please take some time and look at how the root of the schema has been
restructured,  the system and service configuration has been reworked
and the System Description/Status has changed.  Also take a look at the
criteria I used (#5 below) when changing System Description/Status.

The meeting is held in accord with the PWG Intellectual Property Policy.

Note the NEW Teleconference number and access code are now used.

Please contact me if you do not have the new number and pass code.

Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-469-3239 

Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-429-3300 

Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-408-856-9570 

Attendee access code: (by request only, please contact me if you do not
have it)

Agenda:

1. Identify Minute Taker

2. Approval of minutes from last meeting

<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/minutes/pwg-mfd-minutes-20090723.pdf>   

3. Agenda bashing 

4. Overview of recent schema changes

5. Discuss criteria for System Status/Description element selection from
existing services such as Print.

 Is the element a global setting across all hosted services

MakeAndModel

OwnerURI

OwnerVCard

SystemInfo

[SystemLocation]                             (not yet defined)

SystemName

CreateDate

CurrentTime

SerialNumber

SystemConfigChangeNumber

UpTime

MessageFromOperator

MoreInfoUri Name                         (change due to Job/Doc
MoreInfo(xs:string))

MoreInfoManufacturerUri          (See MoreInfoUri)

Is the element a default for all hosted services

CharsetConfigured

CharsetSupported

NaturalLanguageConfigured

NaturalLanguageSupported

RepertoiresSupported

Is the element a roll up for all hosted services

AvailableResources

DevicesSupported

ServicesSupported

ConditionTable

State

StateMessages

StateReasons

SystemTotals

Is the element specific to an overall MFD service

DeviceId

OperationsSupported

VersionsSupported

ServiceURISupported

XriSupported

AccessModes

MessageDateTime

MessageTime

NaturalLanguage                              (Exactly what is this?)

6. Next steps

Click Here to Join Live Meeting 

<https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/xerox/join?id=PWG_MFD&role=attend&pw=PQ%
25%3EFj5sN>

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce