Subject: [IPP] RE: IPP face-to-face presentation slides [the corrected dates version of the Working Group Slides are now posted]

From: "Tom Hastings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:04:09 -0700

Nancy,

The IPP Working group slides I presented during the IPP WG face to face
meeting on October 14 did come from the PWG site and they are dated Oct 9.
Michael had updated them with more detail several times before Oct 9.  The
Working Group slides have more detail than the Plenary slides as well.

I did correct the dates during the meeting of the Working Group slides and
have just posted them as:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/slides/IPP-WG-Agenda-October-09-dates-correcte
d-recovered.ppt  / .pdf

What I also did present was the actual specification which does have a lot
more detail than the slides.  It's also published on the PWG web site at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v8-20091008-rev.pdf
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v8-20091008-rev.pdf /
.doc>  / .doc

Since then I also published v0.9 which contains the changes to the actual
specification that I made during the face to face meeting at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v9-20091014-rev.pdf  /
.doc

I'll post the next complete version (v0.10) of the specification this week
for review on Monday, November 2 at the next IPP WG telecon.

Tom

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 08:10
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Ira McDonald'; 'Michael Sweet'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: IPP face-to-face presentation slides

Tom, 

I meant the IPP working group meeting slides, not the plenary slides. Or is
it the updated IPP plenary slides? I checked again at the IPP ftp site, the
IPP plenary slides is still the version made on Oct. 9, that does not have
all the details you presented from the slides in the working group meeting.
Perhaps the slides were never posted? 

-Nancy 

"Tom Hastings" <[email-masked]> 

10/16/2009 08:32 PM 

Please respond to
<[email-masked]>

To

<[email-masked]> 

cc

<[email-masked]>, "'Ira McDonald'" <[email-masked]>,
"'Michael Sweet'" <[email-masked]> 

Subject

RE: IPP face-to-face presentation slides

Nancy,

The latest slides are on the IPP PWG Web site,  I believe.  I you got them
with a web browser, you have to make sure you request the browser to
refresh, else, it will just retrieve the stale versions.  The slides had
been updated at least twice with the same file name, requiring that you
manually refresh your browser (or use an FTP client).

I hope this helps,

Tom

P.S. Here is the latest posting of the slides:

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Sweet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 09:55
To: Michael Sweet
Cc: Ira McDonald; [email-masked]; Tom Hastings
Subject: Re: Draft IPP slides for PWG F2F (6 Oct 2009)

and one more update with the correct links to Tom's latest PPS2 draft.

On Oct 7, 2009, at 9:54 AM, Michael Sweet wrote:

> And yet another update with corrected years for the last call and

> interop testing.

> On Oct 6, 2009, at 9:08 PM, Michael Sweet wrote:

>> I've posted updated slides...

>> On Oct 6, 2009, at 2:27 PM, Ira McDonald wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> Draft IPP slides for PWG F2F next week:

>>> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/slides/IPP-WG-Agenda-

>>> October-09.pdf / ppt

>>> - IPP WG session

>>> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/slides/IPP-WG-Plenary-

>>> October-09.pdf / ppt

>>> - IPP at Plenary

>>> Tom and/or Mike may want to update these.

>>> Tom/Mike - BEWARE - change the "Agenda" slides (WG)

>>> and then cut-and-paste into the "Plenary" slides for many

>>> of the slides (look at both sets together).

>>> Cheers,

>>> - Ira

>>> Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)

>>> Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG

>>> Blue Roof Music/High North Inc

>>> email: [email-masked]

>>> winter:

>>> 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176

>>> 734-944-0094

>>> summer:

>>> PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839

>>> 906-494-2434

>> ___________________________________________________

>> Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

> ___________________________________________________

> Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

___________________________________________________

Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

_____

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 11:11
To: Tom Hastings
Subject: IPP face-to-face presentation slides

Tom,

Would you please distribute your latest version of the presentation slides
you showed in the IPP face-to-face meeting Tuesday?
I have noticed it's an updated version from the one available in the PWG ftp
repository.

Thanks,
-Nancy

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp