Subject: [IPP] v0.6 Draft of IPP Production Printing Attributes Set2 posted on PWG Web site for Monday, Oct 5, IPP WG telecon

From: "Tom Hastings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 00:09:07 -0700

I've posted the -rev v0.6 version with change tracking and clean v0.6
version with all changes accepted.  The changes reflect the changes since
v0.4 of the Production Printing Set2 Draft with the comments and edits we
made Monday, October 14 during the IPP WG telecon at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v6-20091004.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v6-20091004.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v6-20091004-rev.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v6-20091004-rev.doc
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v5-20090914-rev.doc> 

v0.6, 2009-10-04

Edited after the  2009-09-14 IPP WG meeting with the agreements reached
during the meeting and action items assigned to me.  See Section 15 Appendix
X - Change Log.

I've also removed the green issues from previous meetings in order to reduce
the clutter in the MS-WORD comments.

v0.5, 2009-09-14

At the meeting with change tracking turned on.

Agreed red ISSUEs changed to green ISSUE.  Remaining ISSUEs left in red.
Posted immediately after the meeting.

Here is the Change Log for v0.6 and v0.5:

15.14 October 2009 (v0.6)

Drafted text to follow the agreements made at the 2009-09-14 IPP WG meeting
(see v0.5 log) below: 

1.       Section 2.2 Other terminology: Removed the terms: "Actual File
Name" and "Virtual File Name", since the "job-save-disposition" /
"save-info" / "save-location" and "job-save-disposition" / "save-info" /
"save-name" are no-longer concatenated to form a URL that is used in
Print-URI to reference the Saved Job.

2.       Section 2.2 Other terminology: Clarified the terms: "Proof Print
Job", "Retained Job", and "Saved Job" with respect to the Delete-Job and
Purge-Jobs operations and the Reprocess-Job and Resubmit-Jobs operations.

3.       Section 3.3.1 Reprinting Saved Jobs: Clarified how reprinting works
with Reprocess-Job and Resubmit-Job operations.

4.       Section 3.4 Job Proof Print Capability: Added this parallel section
to describe re-printing a Proof Job which is now quite parallel to
re-printing a Saved Job.

5.       Section 4.3 Cancel-Job operation: Added this section that adds the
"purge-jobs" (boolean) operation attribute to the Cancel-Job operation.

6.       Section 4.4 Purge-Jobs operation:  Added this section that adds the
"my-jobs" (boolean) and "purge-jobs" (boolean) operation attributes to the
Purge-Jobs operation.

7.       Section 5.5 job-phone-number  (uri):  Clarified the Printer
requirements.

8.       Section 5.6 job-recipient-name  (name(MAX)): Rearranged the text.

9.       Section 5.7 job-save-disposition  (collection):  Changed SHOULD to
MUST that the Printer MUST be able to process a document format for reprint
for any format that it is able to save the job.

10.   Section 5.7.1.1 save-disposition (type3 keyword):  Changed 'save-only'
from applying to Print-URI to applying to Reprocess-Job and Resubmit-Job
operations.

11.   Section 5.7.1.2.3.1 save-location (uri)  Table 5:  Added 'http' URI
Scheme for saving jobs.

12.   Section 5.7.1.2.3.2 save-name (name(MAX)):  Removed the discussion
about Virtual File Name, since the "job-id" or "job-uri" is used to
reference Saved Jobs, not a URL.

13.   Section 5.7.1.2.3.3 save-document-format (mimeMediaType):  Clarified
that any convenient, fast, and/or compact re-printing format NEED NOT be
identified by a distinct mimeMediaType value.

14.   Section 5.7.1.2.3.3 save-document-format (mimeMediaType):  Clarified
the discussion of a manual "hard-proof" using "job-save-disposition",
followed by Reprocess-Job or Resubmit-Job.

15.   Section 5.7.1.2.3.3.2 save-document-format-supported (1setOf
mimeMediaType):  Clarified that the Printer MUST support any
"document-format" value supplied in the Resubmit-Job operation that is
contained in the "save-document-format-supported" Printer attribute.

16.   Section 5.8.1.2 pdl-init-file-name (name(MAX)):  Removed the reference
to Virtual File name and use the term "file path".

17.   Section 5.9 proof-print  (collection): Added that the client SHOULD
provide a convenient means for the user to remove a Proof Print Job after
requesting a copy to be printed, now that the Printer doesn't automatically
remove a Proof Print Job when a copy is re-printed using Reprocess-Job or
Resubmit-Job operation.

18.   Section 5.9.1.1 proof-print-copies (integer (0:MAX)):  Clarified that
the Proof Print Job is transitioned to 'completed' after the proofs are
printed successfully, rather than to the 'pending-held' state.

19.   Section 8 Additional Values and Semantics for Existing IPP Attributes:
Removed all text that existed in other IPP standards, so that only the new
text remains.

20.   Section 8.4 Additional keyword values for the "media-type" member
attribute:  Removed the 'proof-print-wait' value, since a Proof Print Job
now goes to completion after printing the proofs, rather than the
'pending-held'.

21.   Section 8.4 Additional keyword values for the "media-type" member
attribute: Added values from [JDF1.4] Media/@MediaType and
Media/@MediaTypeDetails attributes that are not already in [PWG5100.3].

22.   Section 9.3.1.1 Client Conformance Requirements for Job Save and
Reprint Capability:  Added that the Printer MUST support Reprocess-Job and
(new) Resubmit-Job if it support the Job Save and Reprint Capability
(instead of Print-URI operation).

23.   Section 9.3.1.2 Printer Conformance Requirements for Job Save and
Reprint Capability:  Added 'http; to the SHOULD list for the Printer to
support.

24.   Section 9.3.1.2 Printer Conformance Requirements for Job Save and
Reprint Capability:  Removed that the Printer MUST support the Printer-URI
operation.

25.   Section 10 IANA Considerations:  Updated to agree with the above
changes.

15.214 September 2009 (v0.5)

Edits made to the text and comments added during the IPP WG Telecon,
14-September-2009.  Here are the minutes:

a.
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v4-20090906.pdf

b.
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v4-20090906-rev.pdf

c.
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v4-20090906.doc

d.
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippprodprintext10-v4-20090906-rev.doc

e.       Agreed that job-save-printer-make-and-model is the correct name for
the table.

f.        Updated and accepted the new definitions for Proof Print Job,
Retained Job, and Saved Job.

g.      Agreed to add a way to purge jobs with Cancel-Job operator and to
clarify that Purge-Jobs can be performed by a non-operator to purge only
that user's jobs - Mike to provide current CUPS extensions

h.       Accepted the description for 3.3 Job Save and Reprint Capability.

i.         Updated and accepted the description for 3.3.1.1 Reprinting using
the Reprocess-Job operation

j.         Updated and accepted the description for 3.3.1.2 Reprinting using
the Resubmit-Job operation

k.       Updated and accepted the descriptions for 5.5 job-phone-number
(uri), 5.5.1 job-phone-number-default, and 5.5.2 job-phone-number-supported

l.         Updated and accepted that a printer MUST be able to process any
document format that is available as a saved document format (5.7
job-save-disposition (collection))

m.     Updated and accepted the new description text for 5.7.1.1
save-disposition (type3 keyword)

n.       Updated and conditionally accepted the description for 5.7.1.2.3.2
save-name (name(MAX)) (pending "handle" term changes)

o.      Agreed that the term "handle" needs to be changed when referring to
the save-location and save-name attributes (virtual file names)

p.      Updated and agreed to the new description for 5.7.1.2.3.3
save-document-format (mimeMediaType)

q.      Agreed that for 5.9 proof-print (collection), the printer does not
age out the job once it is reprinted.

r.        Agreed that we will not list keyword values from other
specifications unless new meaning is added.

s.       Agreed to the additions to 8.5.1 media-tooth (type3 keyword |
name(MAX))

t.        Need to verify the operation code for Resubmit-Job

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp