Subject: [IPP] v0.12 (and v0.11) Draft IPP Job and Printer Extensions - Set2 uploaded for IPP WG telecon, Mon, Nov 30, 1:00 PST = 4:00 EST

From: "Tom Hastings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:53:24 -0800

I've uploaded v0.12 of  IPP Job and Printer Extensions - Set 2 (aka
Production Printing Attributes - Set 2) for the upcoming IPP WG telecon,
Monday, Nov 30, 1:00 PM PST = 4:00 PM EST:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v12-20091122.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v12-20091122.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v12-20091122-rev.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v12-20091122-rev.pdf

and v0.11 (edits made during the IPP WG telecon, 2009-11-02:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v11-20091102-rev.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v11-20091102-rev.pdf

Note the following change in appearance of the .pdf files from previous
uploads:

The -rev PDF versions have the deletions indicated in the balloons, instead
of as cross-out in the body of the text.  This means that it is easier to
read the -rev version, since the body is the same as the clean version,
except for inserted text being underlined (and a lighter black, not red).
Please see if you like reading this form of -rev in the .pdf.   You can make
MS-WORD look the same way using the Reviewing tool bar (enabled by View >>
Toolbars >> Reviewing):  

Show >> Balloons >> Always (instead of Only for Commenting/Formatting).  

Tools >> Options . >> Track Changes >> Insertions: Underline    Color: ???

This is what Pete must have done when producing the .PDF files for me with
MS-WORD.

v0.12, 2009-11-22

With agreements from the meeting.

Added new Section 3 Requirements written by Ira.

Removed all mention of Xxxx Capability and referred directly to the relevant
attribute instead, as agreed at the 2009-11-02 telecon.

Removed Green ISSUES from before 2009-11-02 to reduce clutter.

v0.11, 2009-11-02

At the IPP WG telecon 2009-11-02

If you haven't read the spec from front page to back page, this would be a
good time to do so.  There is a totally new section 3 Requirements written
by Ira following the new IPP Policy v3.0, January 2009.  Thanks Ira.  The
rest of the spec hasn't changed much.  I've left in the green ISSUEs MS-WORD
comments (agreements) from the November 2 meeting, but removed the earlier
green ISSUEs to reduce clutter.  

There are red ISSUES that we will review at the meeting.  Most of them are
just to check that the text that I inserted meets the agreements from the
2009-11-02 telecon.  So I haven't duplicated them here.  I found no new
issues.

Here is the change log that is in Section 16 Appendix X - Change Log (which
has hot links to each section in both the .doc and .pdf, so you can quickly
check each change via going to the change log and clicking the hot link):

1.1        22 November 2009 (v0.12)

Edits made to carry out the agreements reach as the IPP WG telecon, 2
November 2009:

1.       Changed "Capability" to "Feature" and replaced a number of such
usages with "job-save-disposition"  Job Template attribute and "proof-print"
Job Template attribute.

2.       Changed "Job and Printer Extensions - Set 2 extension/document" to
"Job and Printer Extensions - Set 2 Specification".

3.       Section 2.2 Other terminology:  Added the term Job Proof Print
Feature

4.       Section 2.2 Other terminology:  Enhanced the term Job Save and
Reprint Feature

5.       Section 3 Requirements:  Added this whole new section written by
Ira according to the IPP Policy V2.0, January 2009.

6.       Section 6.3 job-ids (1setOf integer(1:MAX)) for the Get-Jobs
operation:  If client supplies "job-ids" operation attribute it MUST NOT
supply "limit", "my-jobs", and "which-jobs" and the Printer MUST detect such
a client error and return 'client-error-conflicting-attributes'.

7.       Section 10.3 job-state-reasons (1setOf type2 keyword) Job
Description attribute:  Added conditional conformance for each
"job-state-reasons" value.

8.       Section 11.1 Conformance Requirements for this specification:
Added "Reprocess-Job operation [RFC3998] to the list of REQUIRED operations
for conformance to Set 2 Specification.

1.2        2 November 2009 (v0.11)

Edits made to the text and comments added during the IPP WG Telecon,
2-November-2009.  Here are the minutes:

e.      th2: Agreed to Mike's update of the new summary paragraph in the
Abstract.

f.        Agreed to refer to the document as "Job and Printer Extensions Set
2 specification" instead of "Job and Printer Extensions Set 2 extension".

g.      th6: Agreed to change "possibly" to "optional" and "Resubmit-Jobs"
to "Resubmit-Job"

h.      th11: Agreed to the text

i.         th12: Agreed to copy table

j.         th15: Agreed to the text

k.       th17: Agreed that it is OK to omit job-ids

l.         th7-th27: Agreed that the Cancel-Jobs and Cancel-My-Jobs
descriptions are OK

m.     th30: Agreed that you can't resubmit an aborted job

n.      Agreed that we'll include an errata for RFC 3998's Reprocess-Job to
disallow reprocessing of aborted jobs

o.      th36, th37R36: Agreed that "job-ids" is mutually-exclusive with
"limit", "my-jobs", and "which-jobs", returning
client-error-conflicting-attributes

p.      th42: Agreed to conformance wording

q.      th44, th45: Agreed that job-saved-with-warnings is an unsuccessful
state

r.        th48, th52: Agreed to leave "save-name-subdirectory-supported" and
"pdl-init-filename-subdirectory-supported" in the job template section even
though they are printer description attributes.

s.       th58, th59: Agreed to the existing text.

t.        th60, th61R60: Agreed to add proof-print keyword

u.      th62: Agreed to require the saved keyword if a printer supports
saved jobs

v.       th64: Agreed to add conformance requirements to new
job-state-reasons

w.     Agreed that the job-printed-*, job-saving, and job-saved-* keywords
are required if saving is supported

x.       Agreed to drop the job-scheduling keyword from job-state-reasons
since we don't have a good definition/justification/history for it

y.       Agreed to make job-spooling and job-streaming keywords dependent on
job-spooling-supported values

z.       Agreed to make job-resuming, job-suspended-*, and job-suspending
keywords dependent on the RFC 3998 Suspend-Current-Job and Resume-Job
operations

aa.   th67: Ira volunteered to write draft of rationale and use cases

bb.  th68-th70: Rename Resubmit-My-Jobs to Resubmit-Job, drop requirement 6,
add job-state-reasons and which-jobs references

cc.   th71: Agreed to spec and feature/operation conformance levels

dd.  th72: Agreed to the text

ee.  th73, th74: Agreed to review and update as needed

ff.    th75: Agreed to change "Author's Addresses" to "Editor's Addresses",
drop editors from the document references, and update the list of
participants and companies.

Tom

 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp