Subject: [IPP] 1284 Cmd Set w/ IPP "printer-device-id" (14 December 2009)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:02:53 -0500

Hi,

[To: PMP, WIMS, IPP]

I just posted an expanded Prototype draft of the PWG Command Set Format for
IEEE 1284 Device ID at:

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmp1284cmdset10-20091214.pdf / doc
 - clean copy w/ line numbers

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmp1284cmdset10-20091130-rev.pdf / doc
 - with redlines and line numbers

This version defines the new IPP Printer attribute "printer-device-id
(text(1023))",
per the IPP WG and WIMS WG discussions last week at December PWG F2F.

For review at today's WIMS WG teleconference and WIMS WG last call through
early January.

Cheers,
- Ira
----------------------------------------------------------------

Changes to create the version of 14 December 2009 – Prototype Draft

- Editorial – kept document status at Prototype Draft, per December PWG F2F

- Editorial – revised Abstract and section 1 Introduction to include new IPP
  “printer-device-id”, per December PWG F2F

- Editorial – renamed section 3.2.3 to External Network Adapter with
  locally-attached Printer, for clarity

- Technical – revised all of section 3 Requirements to include new IPP
  “printer-device-id”, per December PWG F2F

- Editorial – renamed section 5 to PWG Extensions to IEEE 1284 Device ID,
  per December PWG F2F

- Technical – added section 5.2 IPP printer-device-id (text(1023)), per
  December PWG F2F

- Technical – revised section 6 to include REQUIRED implemention of
  “printer-device-id” for IPP/2.0 and higher versions (to be added to IPP
  Version 2.0 Second Edition as well)

- Editorial – revised section 7 IANA and PWG Considerations to include
  the IANA registration for the new IPP “printer-device-id” attribute defined
  in section 5.2

- Editorial – deleted unused section 13 Appendix A – Design Alternatives

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:43:58 -0500

At the WIMS/PMP conference call yesterday, it was agreed that this  latest
draft of the IEEE 1284 Device ID Command Set Format document: 

appears to address all issues brought up to date. As agreed at the WIMS
face-to-face, this document is now in working group last call. All comments
will be considered, but especially from members of PMP, WIMS and IPP WK.
Please review the document and post any comments or objections to the
combined PMP, WIMS and IPP maillists. These comments will be reviewed at the
11 January WIMS conference call.

It is understood that a statement of prototype/product implementation will
be provided shortly. This should allow advancing the document to stable
status and submitting it to a PWG last call period including the February
face-to-face.

Thanks,

Bill Wagner

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ira
McDonald
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 12:03 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Ira McDonald
Subject: [PMP] 1284 Cmd Set w/ IPP "printer-device-id" (14 December 2009)

Hi,

[To: PMP, WIMS, IPP]

Cheers,
- Ira

Changes to create the version of 14 December 2009 - Prototype Draft

- Editorial - kept document status at Prototype Draft, per December PWG F2F

- Editorial - revised Abstract and section 1 Introduction to include new IPP
  "printer-device-id", per December PWG F2F

- Editorial - renamed section 3.2.3 to External Network Adapter with
  locally-attached Printer, for clarity

- Technical - revised all of section 3 Requirements to include new IPP
  "printer-device-id", per December PWG F2F

- Editorial - renamed section 5 to PWG Extensions to IEEE 1284 Device ID,
  per December PWG F2F

- Technical - added section 5.2 IPP printer-device-id (text(1023)), per
  December PWG F2F

- Technical - revised section 6 to include REQUIRED implemention of
  "printer-device-id" for IPP/2.0 and higher versions (to be added to IPP
  Version 2.0 Second Edition as well)

- Editorial - revised section 7 IANA and PWG Considerations to include
  the IANA registration for the new IPP "printer-device-id" attribute
defined
  in section 5.2

- Editorial - deleted unused section 13 Appendix A - Design Alternatives

_______________________________________________
pmp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pmp