Subject: [IPP] v0.14 (and v0.13) Draft IPP Job and Printer Extensions - Set2 uploaded for IPP WG face to face Wednesday, Dec 9

From: "Tom Hastings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 00:27:44 -0800

I've uploaded v0.14 of  IPP Job and Printer Extensions - Set 2 (aka
Production Printing Attributes - Set 2) for the upcoming IPP WG face to face
Wednesday, Dec 9, in :

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v14-20091202.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v14-20091202.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v14-20091202-rev.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v14-20091202-rev.pdf

and v0.13 (edits made during the IPP WG telecon, 2009-11-30):

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v13-20091130.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v13-20091130.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v13-20091130-rev.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext10-v13-20091130-rev.pdf

Note the following change in appearance of the .pdf files from previous
uploads:

The -rev PDF versions have the deletions indicated in the balloons, instead
of as cross-out in the body of the text.  This means that it is easier to
read the -rev version, since the body is the same as the clean version,
except for inserted text being underlined in red.  Please see if you like
reading this form of -rev in the .pdf.   You can make MS-WORD look the same
way using the Reviewing tool bar (enabled by View >> Toolbars >> Reviewing):

Show >> Balloons >> Always (instead of Only for Commenting/Formatting).  

Tools >> Options . >> Track Changes >> Insertions: Underline    Color: red

This is what Pete must have done when producing the .PDF files for me with
MS-WORD.

Also the version with no tracked changes also has all of the comments
removed, so that it is truly clean.

v0.14, 2009-12-02

Additional edits to carry out meeting agreements.

v0.13, 2009-11-30

At the IPP WG meeting.

If you haven't read the spec from front page to back page, this would be a
good time to do so.  There is a totally new section 3 Requirements written
by Ira following the new IPP Policy v3.0, January 2009.  Thanks Ira.  The
rest of the spec hasn't changed much.  I've left in the green ISSUEs MS-WORD
comments (agreements) from the November 2 meeting, but removed the earlier
green ISSUEs to reduce clutter.  

There are red ISSUES that we will review at the face to face meeting.  Most
of them are just to check that the text that I inserted meets the agreements
from the 2009-11-30 telecon.  So I haven't duplicated them here.  I found no
new issues.

I will be joining via Live Meeting which Pete Zehler has setup for us (see
separate message to PWG-ANNOUNCE).

Here is the change log that is in Section 16 Appendix X - Change Log (which
has hot links to each section in both the .doc and .pdf, so you can quickly
check each change via going to the change log and clicking the hot link):

17.12 December 2009 (v0.14)

Additional edits made as agreed in the IPP WG telecon, 30 November 2009 and
reflected in the minutes.

1.       Section 9.9 which-jobs-supported  (1setOf type2 keyword):  Removed
OPTIONAL and added conditional MUST support if "proof-print" or
"job-save-disposition" is supported.

2.       Section 10.2 which-jobs (type2 keyword) Operation attribute and the
which-jobs-supported (1setOf type2 keyword) Printer Description attribute:
Removed OPTIONAL and added that some are OPTIONAL to support, unless
indicated otherwise in their descriptions.

3.       Section 11.4.1.2 Printer Conformance Requirements for the
'job-save-disposition" attribute:  Added MUST support "which-jobs-supported"
Printer Description attribute.

4.       Added Section 11.5 Conformance Requirements for the "proof-print"
Job Template attribute to parallel Section 11.4 Conformance Requirements for
the "job-save-disposition" Job Template attribute.

Here are the Minutes of the 30 November 2009:

b. Agreed that "feature" is a good replacement term for "capability".

c. Agreed to the new definitions for the Job Proof Print and Job Save and
Reprint features.

d. Agreed to the new section 3 text with minor corrections and removal of
new attribute and operation names from the use cases.

e. Agreed to the updated job-ids text that states job-ids cannot be
specified in a Get-Jobs request with limit, my-jobs, or which-jobs.

f. Agreed to the conformance text for the new job-state-reasons keywords.

g. Added conformance text to which-jobs values.

h. Agreed to the section 11 conformance requirements with the removal of
"job-save-disposition" and the addition of the which-jobs reference.

i. Agreed to the updated participant list.

17.230 November 2009 (v0.13)

Edits made to carry out the agreement reached at the IPP WG telecon, 30
November 2009:

1.       Made sure that "job-save-disposition" Job Template attribute and
the Job Save and Reprint Feature are OPTIONAL, while the "proof-print" Job
Template attribute and the Job Proof Print Feature are REQUIRED.

2.       Section 3.1 Introduction: Added in parens (Job Owner and Operator)
to item (f).

3.       Section 10.2 which-jobs (type2 keyword) Operation attribute and the
which-jobs-supported (1setOf type2 keyword) Printer Description attribute:
Added conditional requirement that the 'proof-print' keyword value MUST be
supported if the "proof-print" Job Template attribute is supported.

4.       Section 10.2 which-jobs (type2 keyword) Operation attribute and the
which-jobs-supported (1setOf type2 keyword) Printer Description attribute:
Added conditional requirement that the 'saved' keyword value MUST be
supported if the "job-save-disposition" Job Template attribute is supported.

Tom

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp