Subject: [Pwg-Announce] PWG IPP/2.0 SE Formal Vote (15 Jan to 14 Feb 2011)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 20:34:19 -0500

Greetings:

VOTES ARE CONFIDENTIAL!  See voting instructions below.

This email initiates the Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership on the
PWG IPP Version 2.0 Second Edition (IPP/2.0 SE), which is located at:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20110110.pdf

The complete list of PWG Last Call issues and resolutions is located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/ipp20-last-call-comment-resolution-20101206.txt

VOTING PERIOD:  This Formal Vote will start today on Saturday 15 January
2011
and will end at 10pm (US Pacific Time) on Monday 14 February 2011.

Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with Strong Objection), Abstain.

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to
exercise their right to vote.

PWG Privacy Policy:  Your vote is confidential and will not be disclosed
by PWG officers or document editors.

HOW TO VOTE:

Send an email with *exactly* the following subject line format:

  IPP/2.0 SE Formal Vote-<company name>-<voter's last name>-<Yes/No/Abstain>

Example:

  IPP/2.0 SE Formal Vote-Acme-McGee-Yes

Rules:

(1) Any "No" vote MUST state the reason for the "No" vote and MUST contain
a description of the *technical* changes required to turn the "No" vote into
a
"Yes" vote - otherwise the "No" vote will NOT be counted, per PWG
Process/3.0.

(2) Any "No" vote MUST NOT contain *editorial* comments, per PWG
Process/3.0.

(3) Any "Yes" vote MAY contain "editorial" comments, per PWG Process/3.0.

(4) Any "Yes" vote MUST NOT contain any  *technical* comments, per PWG
Process/3.0.

(5) Any "Abstain" vote counts toward quorum, but not approval.

WHERE TO SEND YOUR VOTE:

Please send your vote to *all* of the following email addresses (replacing
"dot" with '.' and "at" with '@'):

msweet"at"apple"dot"com (Mike Sweet, PWG Chair, IPP/2.0 SE Co-Editor)

ptykodi"at"tykodi"dot"com (Paul Tykodi, PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair)

blueroofmusic"at"gmail"dot"com (Ira McDonald, IPP WG Co-Chair, IPP/2.0 SE
Co-Editor)

Please do NOT simply reply to this note on PWG-Announce or the
IPP WG list (to preserve the confidentiality of your vote).

Notes:

(1) This Formal Vote is being conducted under the rules of the PWG
Process/3.0
and the current PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality
agreement.
The 2011 PWG Membership Agreement calls out both  of these documents and
the links are provided below.

(2) To be eligible to vote the member MUST have submitted a signed copy of
the 2011 PWG Membership Agreement and paid their dues.

The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 3.0 is
located at:

  http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-process30.pdf

The PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality is located at:

  http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-ip-policy.pdf

Cheers,
- Ira (Co-Chair IPP WG)

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto:[email-masked]
Christmas through April:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
May to Christmas:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce

---

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:13:08 -0500

Greetings:

This email initiates the Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership for
advance to PWG Candidate Standard of the 
"PWG Power Management Model for Imaging Systems" and the companion concrete
mapping "PWG Imaging System Power MIB v1.0 specification.  Approval of the
PWG Imaging System Power MIB v1.0 specification implicitly includes approval
of the PWG-IMAGING-SYSTEM-POWER-MIB. Note that these documents are being
presented and are to be voted on as a set; please cast a single vote for the
set.

The documents may be accessed at:

   <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspower10-20110107.pdf>
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspower10-20110107.pdf
  - clean Power Model w/ line numbers

   <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspowermib10-20110107.pdf>
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspowermib10-20110107.pdf
  - clean Power MIB w/ line numbers

   <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspowermib10-20110107.mib>
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspowermib10-20110107.mib
  - plaintext ASN.1 source for Power MIB

   <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspowermib10-20110107-mib.pdf>
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspowermib10-20110107-mib.pdf
  - color highlighted ASN.1 source for Power MIB w/ line numbers

<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/power-last-call-comment-resolution-201011
15.txt>
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/power-last-call-comment-resolution-2010111
5.txt
  - plaintext Power Model/MIB last call issues

VOTING PERIOD:  This Formal Vote will start today on Monday 17 January 2011
and will end at 10pm (US Pacific Time) on Monday 14 February 2011.

HOW TO VOTE: 

Please send an email with *exactly* the following subject line format:

  Power Model/MIB Formal Vote-<company name>-<voter's last
name>-<Yes/No/Abstain>

Example: 

  Power Model/MIB Formal Vote-Acme-McGee-Yes

Voting rules per PWG Process/3.0.
(ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process30.pdf)

(1) Any "No" vote MUST be accompanied by explanation of technical opposition
and  a description of the changes required to turn the "No" vote into a
"Yes" vote 

(2) A "Yes" vote MAY contain "editorial" comments

(3)  No comments  will be considered with an "Abstain" vote
  
(4) An "Abstain" vote counts toward quorum, but not approval.

WHERE TO SEND YOUR VOTE:

msweet"at"apple"dot"com (Mike Sweet, PWG Chair)

ptykodi"at"tykodi"dot"com (Paul Tykodi, PWG Secretary)

wamwagner"at"comcast"dot"net (Bill Wagner, WIMS WG Chair)

blueroofmusic"at"gmail"dot"com (Ira McDonald, Power Model/MIB Editor)

Please do NOT simply reply to this note on PWG-Announce or to the
WIMS WG list (to preserve the confidentiality of your vote).

Notes:

   <http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-process30.pdf>
http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-process30.pdf

   <http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-ip-policy.pdf>
http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-ip-policy.pdf

Best Regards,
- Bill Wagner (Chair WIMS WG)

---

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:47:32 -0500

Greetings: Members, please cast your vote! Thank you.

HOW TO VOTE: 

Example: 

  

WHERE TO SEND YOUR VOTE:

Notes:

Best Regards,