Subject: [Pwg-Announce] MFD Model and Common Semantics Last Call

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:21:38 -0500

In considering the Xerox comments to the MFD Model and Common Semantics , it
appears that the PDF version does not agree with the MS Word file. (The Word
file shows 204 pages while the pdf shows 217.) This likely is partially  a
result of the duplication of figures (as indicated in the comments) which
does not appear in the MS Word version. I apologize for this, but I had
mistakenly expected  the PDF to agree with the MS Word versions, at least in
terms of content if not format. The last call period for this document is
intended to end on 25 February. I will post a version addressing the
comments received to date (with a list of changes) in the next day or two,
provided that I can figure out how to avoid  the MS Word to PDF translation
problem. If reviewing the currently posted document, consider the figures to
appear the first time. The duplicates occurring on later pages are ghosts.

Thanks,

Bill Wagner

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Zehler,
Peter
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 1:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MFD] Xerox has reviewed the MFD Model and Common Semantics and has
comments

Here are the comments from Xerox:

SECTION 2.2.1    page 22               figure 6                  Primary
interfaces is missing a line from scanner subunit to Email Out

Section 2.2.2      page 24
duplicate graphic of figure 7 on page 26.

Section 2.4.2      page 30               line 825                 job
produces 1 ton should be job produces 1 to N

Section 3.2          page 48                line 1149              missing
reference source

Section 3.6          page 60                line 1212              missing
reference source

Section 3.10        page 70                line 1280              missing
reference source
                                                                line 1282
figure 45 should be figure 44

Section 4.3          page 95
duplicate graphic of  figure 62

Section 4.3.1      page 102
10th attribute from the top, is annotation a instance of imposition, if not
it should be added to the graphic

Section 4.3.3      page 112
duplicate graphic of figure 73

                                                                Line 1644
References figure 73 but no graphic below the reference.

                                page 113
duplicate graphic of figure 74
                                page 114
duplicate graphic of figure 75

Section 4.7.1      page 129              line 1759              reference
source not found

Section 5.1          page 132              line 1829              reference
source not found
                                page 133
graphic missing caption Image Job Status Element

                                Page 135              Figure 84
caption not bolded

Section 5.2.1      page 141
does imposition fulfill requirement for annotation programming

Section 5.2.3      page 150
duplicate graphic of figure 94

Section 7.1          page 165              Figure 102           graphic
shows up on this page but is referenced in the document as being on page 167

Section 7.1.4      page 167              line 2126              Scheduling
of Jobs should be scheduling of the service's Jobs. 

Section 7.2.1.     page 168
duplicate graphic of figure 103
                                page 171
duplicate graphic of figure 103
Section 7.3.1.3   page 183              line 2423              reference
source not found
                                                                line 2424
acel<service>job should be Cancel<service>Job

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and 
dangerous content by  <http://www.mailscanner.info/> MailScanner, and is 
believed to be clean. 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce

---

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:44:19 -0500

Correction - the unintentional figure duplications apparently occurred in an
MS Word version conversion, not PDF.

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of William Wagner
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 5:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Zehler, Peter'
Subject: [Pwg-Announce] MFD Model and Common Semantics Last Call

Thanks,

Bill Wagner

 

Section 2.2.2      page 24

Section 4.3          page 95

Section 4.3.1      page 102

Section 4.3.3      page 112

                                                                Line 1644

                                page 113

                                Page 135              Figure 84
caption not bolded

Section 5.2.1      page 141

Section 5.2.3      page 150

Section 7.2.1.     page 168

Peter Zehler

---

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 02:39:49 -0500

Recognizing that the documents posted for PWG last call of the MFD Model and
Common Semantics specification suffered from some formatting difficulties,
we have corrected these problems and reposted the documents at 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-mfdmodel10-20110222.pdf  and

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-mfdmodel10-20110222.docx 

We would appreciate your review of the specification. 

Thank you.

Bill Wagner

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 10:14:43 -0500

Bill,

Would you please provide the  version with change marks so that we don't 
have to review every from scratch?

Thanks,
-Nancy

"William Wagner" <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
02/23/2011 02:39 AM

To
<[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[Pwg-Announce] MFD Model and Common Semantics Last Call -Updated Document

Recognizing that the documents posted for PWG last call of the MFD Model 
and
Common Semantics specification suffered from some formatting difficulties,
we have corrected these problems and reposted the documents at

Thank you.

Bill Wagner

---

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:59:10 -0500

Sorry Nancy. This document already stresses MS Word to the point of
instability.  Allowing change tracking not only results in a basically
unreadable text, the results are unpredictable.

I appreciate that this is a complicated draft to review. This reason and the
MS Word problems were why some sections have been reviewed separately over
the past few years (subunits and operations chapters).  I did provide a list
of the last changes made, pointing to the comments prompting those changes.
This was distributed on the MFD list and I have posted it on the FTP site at

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/white/MFD_Model_Last_Call_changes_2-22-11.docx
.

Thanks, Bill Wagner

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:15 AM
To: William Wagner
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Pwg-Announce] MFD Model and Common Semantics Last Call
-Updated Document

Bill, 

Thanks, 
-Nancy 

02/23/2011 02:39 AM 

To

<[email-masked]> 

cc

Subject

[Pwg-Announce] MFD Model and Common Semantics Last Call -Updated
Document

Thank you.

Bill Wagner