Subject: [Pwg-Announce] RE: Comments on MFD Model and Common Semantics

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:29:27 -0500

All,

To remind you, the PWG Process/3.0 requires that a 30% of all PWG members
(NOT as previously indicated, voting members) must acknowledge a PWG Last
Call (with or without comments), before any document can progress to PWG
Formal Vote.  This PWG Last Call is NOT a Formal Vote but it DOES require
your review acknowledgment.
 
Agreed that the MFD Model and Common Semantics
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-mfdmodel10-20110124.pdf>
is a large and somewhat unwieldy document, it has been in process and has
been reviewed and re-reviewed for over three years (and there are lots of
pictures.) It is likely that anyone who has participated in the MFD
telephone or face-to-face meetings has been exposed to this specification.
The document represents the collection of MFD characterization information
accumulated since the MFD group started in 2007, and has reflected the
changes and improvements to the MFD model as that model as addressed the
various services. It acts as a guide to and elaboration upon  what is in the
MFD Schema.
 
One of the  intentions of the specification was to ensure a consistent and
cohesive view of the MFD regardless of what specific imaging service was
being considered. An effect of this was to make the agreement upon this
specification a necessary condition to the approval of any further MFD
Service specification. As we embark upon expanding access to MFD services,
it is critical that what constitutes these services be consistently
specified. To allow these specifications to proceed, the MFD Model and
Common Semantics specification must be approved. And to allow the MFD Model
and Common Semantics to be presented for ballot, sufficient last call
comments from the PWG members must be received. 
 
So that sufficient review may be documented, please  respond as indicated
below that you or someone in your member company has reviewed the document
(or is prepared the accept the document for vote without further review). If
you have comments, questions or objections to what is in the document, all
the better.please make them known so that they may be addressed. But we
believe it is in the best interests of all of our companies to allow these
MFD Service specifications to proceed, so please respond.

Thanks,

Bill Wagner, Co-editor of MFD Model 

From: Zehler, Peter 
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 8:07 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PWG Last Call of MFD Model and Common Semantics (1/24/11 - 2/25/11)

All,
 
[This PWG Last Call will start today on Monday January 24, 2011.
This PWG Last Call will end Friday February 25, 2011 at 10pm US PDT.]
 
This is the formal announcement of the PWG Last Call for the MFD Model and
Common Semantics, which is located at:
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-mfdmodel10-20110124.pdf>
 
All required operations and attributes defined in this document have been
prototyped by Xerox and/or other vendors through their deployment of
existing protocols such as ISO 10175, IETF/PWG IPP and Microsoft WSD.  The
MFD WG has completed a working group last call and subsequent revisions of
this document.
 
The PWG Process/3.0 requires that a quorum (30%) of PWG voting members must
acknowledge a PWG Last Call (with or without comments), before any document
can progress to PWG Formal Vote.  This PWG Last Call is NOT a Formal Vote
but it DOES require your review acknowledgment.
 
Please send your review acknowledgment *exactly* as follows:
 
To:  mfd at pwg.org <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Subject:  <Company Name> has reviewed the MFD Model and Common Semantics and
has [no] comments

Please do NOT simply reply to this note on the PWG-Announce list.
 
Note:  The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 3.0
is located at:
  <http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-process30.pdf>

 

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and 
dangerous content by  <http://www.mailscanner.info/> MailScanner, and is 
believed to be clean. 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce