Subject: [Pwg-Announce] Request for info on MFD Alerts Implementations

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 13:34:04 -0400

There is an uncompleted PWG effort to document the use of the Printer MIB
alerts mechanism for handling alert and other events associated with the
non-printer aspects of an MFD, a practice used by some manufacturers at the
time. The WIMS group is investigating the updating and completion of this
effort, including the expansion of the effort to include security alerts and
specific MFD conditions. There will be a project charter presented for
consideration of the PWG membership shortly. 

To better scope out this renewed effort, and to ensure that the
specification supports and does not conflict with current practices, the
WIMS group is requesting information from members on whether and in what
ways they may be extending the Printer MIB Alerts capability to support MFD
events and conditions. Please provide this information to me or to the WIMS
mail list ([email-masked]), and/or by  participation in the WIMS conference
calls and face-to-face sessions.

Thank you.

Bill Wagner, Chair, WIMS

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce