Subject: RE: [IPP] RFC3998 errata

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 04:24:50 -0700

All,

Note that the definition of the Hold-New-Jobs operation states

   When the Printer completes all the 'pending' and 'processing' jobs,

   it enters the 'idle' state as usual.  An operator monitoring Printer

   state changes will know when the Printer has completed all current

   jobs because the Printer enters the 'idle' state.

Thus the Printer does not enter the 'stopped' state as currently
indicated in the text.  It is the Pause-Printer and 

Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job operations that move the state of the
Printer to stopped' and put the 'moving-to-paused'

Or 'paused' values into "printer-state-reasons". 

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Zehler, Peter
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2011 7:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IPP] RFC3998 errata

All,

There appears to be a cut and paste error in the definition of the
"printer-state-reasons" value  'hold-new-jobs' in rfc3998.

The current text is:

8.1.  'hold-new-jobs' Value

   'hold-new-jobs': The operator has issued the Hold-New-Jobs operation
      (see section 3.3.1
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3998#section-3.3.1> ) or other means, but
the output-device(s) are
      taking an appreciable time to stop.  Later, when all output has
      stopped, the "printer-state" becomes 'stopped', and the 'paused'
      value replaces the 'moving-to-paused' value in the "printer-
      state-reasons" attribute.  This value MUST be supported if the
      Hold-New-Jobs operation is supported and the implementation takes
      significant time to pause a device in certain circumstances.

I believe it should be something like:

8.1.  'hold-new-jobs' Value

   'hold-new-jobs': The operator has issued the Hold-New-Jobs operation
      (see section 3.3.1
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3998#section-3.3.1> ) or has initiated
the holding of new jobs by 
      other means. This value indicates that all Jobs subsequently 
      submitted to the Printer will be placed into the 'pending-held' 
      state.  Thus all newly accepted jobs will be automatically held 
      by the Printer.  This "printer-state-reasons" value will be
removed 
      when the Operator issues the Release-Held-New-Jobs Operation or 
      releases the holding of new jobs by other means. 

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and 
dangerous content by MailScanner <http://www.mailscanner.info/> , and is

believed to be clean. 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp