Subject: [IPP] Inputs for possible additions to (PWG) Raster

From: "Petrie, Glen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:58:00 -0700

Mike

Below is the complete list of items I would like to add to the (PWG)
Raster.  Some we discussed already; some we did not.  My principal
justification for the list of items is that a (PWG) Raster file could be
printed in the event a job ticket was not present and produce the print
intent of the end-user.  Whether these are new fields or existing CUPS
Raster field does not matter to me.

Just the list - No order of importance is implied

=======================================

Total Page Count

Duplex - Horizontal Transformed State

Duplex - Vertical Transformed State

Vendor ID number (for vendor only extensions)

Units

Media Size Width

Media Size Height

Media Type

Spot Color [8 - rgb]

Monochrome Base Color [1-rgb]

Index Colors Value

Print Content Top Offset 

Print Content Left Offset

Print Quality

Print Content Type

Raster Data Size

####################################

Discussion and range of values

"Total Page Count"

*	The total number of page in this (PWG) Raster file.

"Duplex - Horizontal Transformed State"

"Duplex - Vertical Transformed State"

*	The layout state of the duplex pages (both the front and back
pages)

"Vendor ID number"

*	For vendor extensions only 
*	See http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids

"Units"

*	Metric (lsb = ???)
*	Inches (lsb = ???)

"Media Size Width"

"Media Size Height"

*	Size (in units) of the media
*	This allows for new values beyond existing PWG and other
standards.

"Media Type"

*	This will need discussion

	*	Could be an index into a list created by PWG
	*	Could be string names of well known (defined) types
	*	Must be able to handle vendor extensions.

"Spot Color"

*	8 - rgb values.

"Monochrome Base (saturation) Color"

*	1-rgb value

"Index Colors Value"

*	256 - rgb values (max) 

"Print Content Top Offset"

"Print Content Left Offset"

*	Note could use proposed bounding box 

"Print Quality"

*	Draft, Normal, High

"Print Content Type"

*	Text, Text+Graphics (= web), Graphics (typically vector), Photo

"Raster Data Size"

*	Total size of raster data to follow.

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp