Subject: [Pwg-Announce] Imaging System Power MIB Interoperability Demonstration

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:48:34 -0400

The PWG approved the "PWG Power Management Model for Imaging Systems 1.0"
(PWG Candidate Standard 5106.4-2011
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-wimspower10-20110214-5106.4.pdf> )
and its MIB binding "PWG Imaging System Power MIB v1.0" (PWG Candidate
Standard 5106.5-2011
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-wimspowermib10-20110214-5106.5.pdf>
) in February 2011. The charter for the Imaging System Power Management
Project included a Power MIB Interoperability event, basically a
demonstration that client and server implementations of the MIB are
interoperable. 

To plan for this event in a way compatible with the needs and interests of
the PWG membership, we have created a survey accessible at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L63VFHK 

This survey of PWG members is intended to determine from PWG members their
interested in whether, when and how such an interoperability event (or
demonstration) should occur. We request that any PWG member that has an
interest in participating in such a demonstration, whether of client or
printer or both respond to this survey before the next face to face meeting
on August 1. Member responses to this survey will be accessible to the PWG
steering committee members but will not be made public. 

Note that an interoperability demonstration is a necessary but not
sufficient step toward advancing a PWG candidate standard to full standard;
and the issue of working to advance the standard is presented as a separate
question.

Many thanks,

Bill Wagner

Danny Brennan

Co-Chairs - PWG WIMS and PMP Working Groups.

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce