Subject: [Pwg-Announce] PWG MFD FaxOut Service Formal Vote (July 7 - August 9, 2011)

From: "Paul Tykodi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 06:27:19 -0400

Greetings:

VOTES ARE CONFIDENTIAL! See voting instructions below.

This email initiates the Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership on the
FaxOut Service Semantic Model and Service Interface specification,
which is located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-mfdfaxoutmodel10-20110705.pdf

The complete list of PWG Last Call issues and resolutions is located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/FaxOutServiceLastCallComment-resolution-201
10705.pdf

VOTING PERIOD:  This Formal Vote will start today on Thursday July 7, 2011
and will end at 10pm (US Pacific Time) on Tuesday August 9, 2011.

Valid votes are:  Yes, No, No (with Strong Objection), Abstain.

PWG Privacy Policy: Your vote is confidential and will not be disclosed by
PWG officers or document editors.

HOW TO VOTE:

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to
exercise their right to vote.

To vote, send an email with *exactly* the following subject line format:

PWG MFD FaxOut Service Formal Vote-<company name>-<voter's last
name>-<Yes/No/Abstain>

Example:  PWG MFD FaxOut Service Formal Vote-Acme-McGee-Yes

Rules:

(1) Any "No" vote MUST state the reason for the "No" vote and MUST contain a
description of the *technical* changes required to turn the
"No" vote into a "Yes" vote - otherwise the "No" vote will NOT be counted,
per PWG Process/3.0.

(2) Any "No" vote MUST NOT contain *editorial* comments, per PWG
Process/3.0.

(3) Any "Yes" vote MAY contain "editorial" comments, per PWG Process/3.0.

(4) Any "Yes" vote MUST NOT contain any *technical* comments, per PWG
Process/3.0.

(5) Any "Abstain" vote counts toward quorum, but not approval.

WHERE TO SEND YOUR VOTE:

Please send your vote to all of the following email addresses (replacing
"dot" with '.' and "at" with '@'):

msweet"at"apple"dot"com (PWG Chair)

ptykodi"at"tykodi"dot"com (PWG Secretary) 

Peter"dot"Zehler"at"Xerox"dot"com (Peter Zehler, MFD WG -Chair)

Please do NOT simply reply to this note on PWG-Announce or the MFD WG list
(to preserve the confidentiality of your vote).

Note:

(1) This Formal Vote is being conducted under the rules of the PWG
Process/3.0 and the current PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and
Confidentiality agreement.  The 2011 PWG Membership Agreement calls out both
of these documents and the links are provided below.

(2) To be eligible to vote the member MUST have submitted a signed copy of
the 2011 PWG Membership Agreement and paid their dues.

The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 3.0 is
located at:

  http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-process30.pdf

The PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality is located at:

  http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-ip-policy.pdf

Regards,

Paul Tykodi (PWG Secretary)

------------------------------------
Tykodi Consulting Services LLC
Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant
[email-masked]
3 Lowell Ave.
Dover, NH 03820-2705
tel: (603) 343-1820
mobile: (603) 866-0712
------------------------------------

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce