Subject: [IPP] Clarification required for xxx-supplied and xxx in PWG Print Ticket

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:13:29 -0700

All,

In RFC2911 there are Operational Attributes (e.g., document-name)
defined.  Their use with Documents is undefined and no explicit mention
made of an associated "sticky" attribute for the Job.   In the PWG5100.5
a Job Description and Document Description attributes of the same name
are defined.  In PWG5100.7 associated  Job Description attributes called
xxx-supplied (e.g., document-name-supplied) are defined.   The
xxx-supplied Job Description attributes are defined as the default value
for Documents in the Jobs.  The  xxx-supplied attributed is populated
from the xxx Operational attribute. 

In the PWG Print Job Ticket work the relationships between all
xxx-supported and xxx attributes should be clarified.  My guess is that
some of the xxx-supplied will be invalid if supplied in a request but
required to be populated in a Print Job.

Pete

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp