Subject: [IPP] Subset processing dropped along the way

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:22:57 -0700

I found that "pages-per-subset" which was in PWG5100.4 was not covered
in PWG5100.6.  It was supposed to be covered in another specification
but apparently was dropped.  We will need to include it in the IPP model
since there are shipping implementations using subset processing.  The
definition can be lifted directly from "pages-per-subset" in section 5.3
of  PWG5100.4
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-ippoverride10-20010207-5100.4.p
df>.

Side Note: I made a change to the element "Pages" in "PagesPerSubset" in
order to keep a flat namespace.  Both "Overrides" and "PagesPerSubset"
had a "Pages" element with different syntax and semantics.   The new
name for "Pages" in "PagesPerSubset" is "NumberOfPagesInSubset". 

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

From: Ira McDonald [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:20 PM
To: Michael Sweet; Ira McDonald
Cc: Zehler, Peter; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [IPP] job-originating-user-uri Where is it defined?

Hi Mike,

JobSenderURI is in your notes from FaxIn review last week.  It's needed
for FaxInMetrics to allow selection from AvailableJobTickets based on
the remote phone number (PSTN) or email address (Internet Fax) of the
incoming Fax.  This is not the same as RequestingUser, because there's
no in-band RequestingUser.

The lack of JobSenderURI is one of the current list of todo's for the
updated MFD Model (because it will apply to EmailIn as well).

In the near term, it will be defined in my next draft of FaxIn.

For pure IPP Print, it's not necessary.  For future IPP FaxIn, it's
needed.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SWG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
<http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc> 
mailto:[email-masked]
Christmas through April:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
May to Christmas:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>
wrote:

On Aug 11, 2011, at 12:11 PM, Ira McDonald wrote:

	Hi Pete,
	
	JobOriginatingUserURI is defined in MFD Model in Table 47 and
	Table 66 - the IETF/PWG reference column is blank.
	
	Yes, it should be added to JPS3, 

Here is my proposed text for JPS3 based on the description in MFD
Common:

[operation attributes]

requesting-user-uri (uri)

This RECOMMENDED attribute contains the URI of the end user that is
submitting the job or subscription creation request.

[job description attributes]

job-originating-user-uri (uri)

This RECOMMENDED attribute contains the URI of the end user that
submitted the job creation request.  The Printer object sets this
attribute to the most authenticated URI that it can obtain from the
authentication service over which the IPP operation was received. Only
if such is not available, does the Printer object use the value supplied
by the client in the "requesting-user-uri" operation attribute of the
create operation (see Sections 4.4.2, 4.4.3, and 8 of RFC 2911).

[subscription description attributes]

notify-subscriber-user-uri (uri)

This RECOMMENDED attribute contains the URI of the end user that
submitted the subscription creation request.  The Printer object sets
this attribute to the most authenticated URI that it can obtain from the
authentication service over which the IPP operation was received. Only
if such is not available, does the Printer object use the value supplied
by the client in the "requesting-user-uri" operation attribute of the
create operation (see Sections 4.4.2, 4.4.3, and 8 of RFC 2911).

	We also need an IPP definition for JobSenderURI (the remote
host's 
	URI for Fax, Email, etc.) - this could also be used for the
remote dumb
	client's URI (for LPR, Port 9100, etc.) - for IPP, the
JobSenderURI 
	would be defined to be synonymous with JobOriginatingUserURI
	- right?

Where is JobSenderUri defined? I'm not seeing it in the schema or any of
the MFD/SM documents?

__________________________________________________

Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp