Subject: [IPP] LDAP Printer Schema (2 October 2011)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 22:05:18 -0400

Hi,

Pat Fleming - we'll review this first I-D this Tuesday afternoon at the IPP
WG
session during our PWG face-to-face meeting - until we've reviewed the spec
and finalized the set of new attributes, new IBM subtree OIDs should not be
assigned to the new attributes - see IPP agenda and slides at meeting page:

http://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/october_2011_cupertino.html

I've just posted a first Internet-Draft of LDAP Schema for Printer Services
to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-00-20111002.txt
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-00-20111002.pdf
 - line numbered PDF of plaintext - use this version for review, please

This document has already been accepted and posted to the IETF I-D
repository.

This document was created by revising the original LDAP Schema for Printer
Services [RFC3712].

This version adds new IPP directory attributes proposed in Table 1 of
section 4.1
Printer Description Attributes Used in Discovery in the latest draft of PWG
IPP
Everywhere 1.0 at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippeve10-20110927.pdf

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira

---------------------
Change History

   2 October 2011 - draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-00.txt
   - Initial version - for IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP Everywhere project
   - Revised document to add current I-D individual submission
   boilerplate.
   - Revised Abstract and section 1 Introduction, to cite [PWG5107.2]
   and [IPPJPS3] new attribute sources.
   - Revised section 3.2 printerAbstract, to add new attributes from
   [PWG5107.2] and [IPPJPS3].
   - Revised section 3.5, to add new attributes from [IPPJPS3].
   - Revised section 4 Definition of Attribute Types, to add new
   attributes from [PWG5107.2] and [IPPJPS3] to table and later specific
   definitions.
   - Revised section 7.2 Registration of Attribute Types, to add new
   attributes from [PWG5107.2] and [IPPJPS3] - new OIDs needed.
   - Revised section 10 References, to update out-of-date references.

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp