Subject: [IPP] IPP over HTTP Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme (22 November 2011)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:56:58 -0500

Hi,

I've just posted another Internet-Draft of IPP over HTTP Transport Binding
and
'ipps' URI Scheme to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-04-20111122.txt
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-04-20111122.pdf
 - PDF of plaintext w/ line numbers (review *this* one)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-04-20111122.htm
 - HTML format

This document has already been accepted and posted to the IETF I-D
repository.

This document was created by a complete rewrite IPP URI Scheme  [RFC3510].

This version has numerous editorial changes from our complete review during
the IPP WG call on 19 August - see Change History below.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira

------------------------------------
Change History

   22 November 2011 - draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-04.txt

   Editorial - Global - Fixed typos and indentation, per IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised Introduction and Acknowledgments to say 'project
     for mobile, ubiquitous printing with generic drivers', per IPP WG
     review.

   Editorial - Revised sections 3.1 and 3.2 (transport bindings) to add
     references to HTTP POST and section 4 of RFC 2910, per IPP WG
     review.

   Editorial - Revised sections 3.1 and 3.2 (transport bindings) to add
     section references to all well-known standards (connection setup,
     etc.), per IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.2 (syntax) to move note from from
     section 4.6 (examples) and explain why literal IP addresses should
     NOT be used in 'ipps' URI, per IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised sections 4.6.1 and 4.6.2 (examples) to replace
     'abc.com' w/ 'example.com' (per IETF) and replace '/printer' path
     element w/ '/ipp' (better practice), per IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 5.2 (Printer conformance) to fold former
     (c) and (d) into a single requirement for standard port 631 and
     reordered other requirements to group MUSTs before SHOULDs, per IPP
     WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 5.2 (Printer conformance) to add backward
     reference to section 4.2 for rationale for not using IP literal
     addresses, per IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 6 (IANA) to explicitly state that 'ipps'
     uses secure communications using HTTP over TLS, per IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 7 (Security) to cleanup numerous loose
     ends, per IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 8 (References) to cleanup typos and
     links, per IPP WG review.

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp