Subject: [IPP] Updated JPS3 spec posted

From: Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 21:31:03 -0800

All,

I have posted an update for JPS3 to:

	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext3v10-20111126.docx
	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext3v10-20111126.pdf
	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobprinterext3v10-20111126-rev.pdf

For review at the F2F.  Known issues:

	- How do we want to map Printer MIB inputTray and outputTray - like media-source-properties or like printer-alert/printer-supply?
	- Do we start using CONDITIONALLY REQUIRED in IPP specs?
	- Investigate document object vs. job life cycle - failed document can abort job or allow completion with errors
	- Document fidelity - do we have something, do we want something analogous to job ticket fidelity - don't print whole job unless all documents can be printed (access control/passwords)
	- Validate-Document operation?

_________________________________________________________
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp