Subject: [IPP] IPP Everywhere Review Draft

From: Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 21:54:06 -0400

All,

After sifting through 153 comments (!) from 12 respondees, I have produced a new draft of IPP Everywhere for review at Monday's IPP WG conference call:

	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippeve10-20120906.docx
	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippeve10-20120906.pdf
	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippeve10-20120906-rev.pdf
	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/lcrc-ippeve10.txt (summary of comments with resolutions)

Enjoy!

__________________________________________________
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: "Petrie, Glen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:15:16 -0700

Michael,

Line 232:  I don't believe that a Printer creates or manages a
"Document".  What seems to be described here is Job-Ticket and for an
IPP's scenario; indeed the "printer" creates and manages a Job-Ticket
that contains the description, processing and status information.

Line 274:  I still find the word "control" strange in this sentence.
Would "manage" be a better word.

Line 406 and 411 and 575:  Is the word "enumeration" supposed to be the
word "Enumeration" defined in the definition section?

Line 587 and 602 (and may be others): Service here, I believe, does not
correspond to the "Service" in the definition section; thus, should it
be "service"

Line 527: Since the words "with generic drivers" was not deleted; I
content there needs to be a wording change.   It is not a "generic
driver".  As it will always be, there is a device specific driver in the
print-stream somewhere; mostly likely within a printer or virtual
printer controller.   Anyway, I believe the term "driver" should be
replaced with something else.

Line 656: Suggest:   "IPP Everywhere aware Clients"

Line 695 and the new section 4.2.3.3: Is the word "service" supposed to
be "Service"

Line 714 to Line 721: I would like to suggest a table for like...

                        Table X List of TXT Key/Value Pairs from Most
Important to Least Important

For Access Info to Printer

For identify the Printer

For Capabilities and/or Printer Selection Criteria 

For Legacy Printer Selection

Most

Important

--- To ---

Least

Important

"rp"

"UUID"

"Color"

"Product"

"txtvers"

"DUUID"

"Duplex"

"usb_MFG"

"priority"

"ty"

"Copies"

"usb_MDL"

"qtotal"

"Collate"

"usb_CMD"

"note"

"PaperMax"

"pdl"

"air"

"PaperCustom"

"TLS"

"Bind"

"adminurl"

"Punch"

"Sort"

"Staple"

Figure 1:  Elsewhere (I did not check everywhere) you changed "IPP
Everywhere Service" to "IPPEverywhere Service" but not in the Figure.

Line 1369 and 1384:  why was the phrase "so-called" inserted?

Line 1439, 1446, 1456, 1462: The section reference values are missing.

Glen

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Michael Sweet
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 6:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IPP] IPP Everywhere Review Draft

All,

After sifting through 153 comments (!) from 12 respondees, I have
produced a new draft of IPP Everywhere for review at Monday's IPP WG
conference call:

            ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/lcrc-ippeve10.txt (summary
of comments with resolutions)

Enjoy!

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and 
dangerous content by MailScanner <http://www.mailscanner.info/> , and is

believed to be clean.