Subject: [Pwg-Announce] RE: [Cloud] Semantic Parsing of Capabilities: Cloud Device Description Capabilities

From: "William A Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 18:37:41 -0500

For those who may have missed the email below, I have posted the GCP Device
Capability Subsystem document at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/white/GCP20_CapabilitiesFormat.pdf

Since this effort parallels one of the intentions of  the Cloud Imaging WG,
i.e. to specify a more functional format for defining imaging device
capabilities and user requests for a job handing, I though it proper that we
take some of the time during the Cloud meeting tomorrow to consider this
document and how it might better embody the  PWG semantic model .

Thanks, Bill Wagner

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of K.D.
Lucas
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 12:38 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Cloud] Semantic Parsing of Capabilities: Cloud Device Description
Capabilities

Hello Cloud Print Aficionados,

I wanted to inform you that the Google Cloud Print team is proposing a new
capabilities format that will allow us to take advantage of semantic
options, something we're calling Cloud Device Description (CDD) format, and
can be used from printers to a host of other devices that may be used with
our service. 

This is our rough draft of our proposal. We are proposing this capabilities
format in order to provide a more uniform experience for our Cloud Print
users, as correctly parsing various PPD files is challenging and ultimately
not feasible.

Since I know this group has thought about Cloud Printing for quite some
time, and has significant experience with the issues around Cloud Printing,
we welcome any feedback or comments you might have. I've attached the
specification as a PDF file.

I won't be around to make your next face-to-face meeting, but I've been
reading some of the emails regarding this meeting.

Regards,

Kelly
kdLucas

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and 
dangerous content by  <http://www.mailscanner.info/> MailScanner, and is 
believed to be clean. 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce