Subject: [Pwg-Announce] Fwd: IETF approves EMAN Requirements as Informational RFC

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:02:56 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Subject: [eman] Document Action: 'Requirements for Energy Management' to
Informational RFC (draft-ietf-eman-requirements-14.txt)
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: eman mailing list <[email-masked]>, eman chair <
[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Requirements for Energy Management'
  (draft-ietf-eman-requirements-14.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Energy Management Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Joel Jaeggli and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eman-requirements/

Technical Summary:

This document defines requirements for standards specifications for
energy management.  These concern monitoring functions as well as
control functions: Monitoring functions include identification of
energy-managed devices and their components, monitoring of their power
states, power inlets, power outlets, actual power, power properties,
received energy, provided energy, and contained batteries.  Control
functions serve for controlling power supply and power state of
energy-managed devices and their components.

Working Group Summary:

Version -08 of this draft was presented in the EMAN session at
IETF 84 (Vancouver).  The authors published -09, resolving the
open issues discussed at that meeting.  The draft's Working Group
Last Call ran from 4 October to 22 October this year, and raised
several more issues.  After IETF-85, the authors published its
-10 version; we believe it is now ready to submit to IESG.

Document Quality:

Are there existing implementations of the protocol?
  This is a requirements draft, not a protocol.
Have a significant number of vendors indicated their plan to implement
the specification?
  At least two vendors have implemented Energy Management systems,
  and - presumably - will make them EMAN-compliant.
Are there any reviewers that merit special mention as having done a
thorough review, e.g., one that resulted in important changes or a
conclusion that the document had no substantive issues?
  Since September the following have contributed comments on the
  EMAN list:  Ira McDonald, John Parello, Brad Schoening, Georgios
Karagian.
  However, the draft's authors/editors have done most of the work
  in developing it.
If there was a MIB Doctor, Media Type or other expert review, what was
its course (briefly)?
  The draft hasn't had any kind of expert review.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director?
   Shepherd:      Nevil Brownlee
   Area Director: Joel Jaeggli

_______________________________________________
eman mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce