Subject: [IPP] Title and Abstract of IPP IG are slightly awry

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:08:48 -0400

Hi Smith,

The document title word order should be changed from:

"IPP/2.0 Implementer’s Guide"
- which implies that it applies ONLY to IPP/2.0 protocol version

to:

"IPP Implementor’s Guide v2.0"
- which implies that it spans all IPP protocol versions and updates
  the previous RFC 3196
- note that the final syllable should be spelled w/ an 'o' rather than
  the incorrect 'e' (notwithstanding MS Word's illiterate dictionary)
  to match the title of RFC 3196

Also, the abstract says it's for IPP/2.0 which is NOT correct (it
also applies to IPP/1.1, IPP/2.1 and IPP/2.2 protocol versions).
Should change from:

"This document updates and extends RFC 3196 for IPP/2.0."

to:

"This document updates and extends RFC 3196 for all IPP protocol
versions."

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto:[email-masked]
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: "Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:39:04 +0000

Done!  

I know I keep promising new updates and then delaying.  I've already edited a bunch of things since the recent revision I've posted and I'm trying to maintain momentum to get another revision available by early next week.

Smith